Sign in to follow this  
LeviTheDog

USCutter Customer Service and Shipping Issues

After weeks of researching this and other forums about buying a low-cost vinyl cutter I ended up ordering one Sunday night from USCutter.

Monday morning, I woke to an email with my order confirmation.  I saw that while doing the add-to-cart-remove-from-cart-to-keep-the-order-total-in-budget dance, I accidentally removed a roll of black vinyl.

So I called them.  I didn't want to pay an additional $10 to ship a $15 roll of vinyl.  They fixed my mistake and added the roll to the original order with no problem.  That's just wrong.  Companies that sell low-cost items online are suppose to give their customers the runaround.. if they even answer the phone. 

But here is the BIG problem.

Most places that offer insanely low shipping take at least 10 days to get the product to you.  I was expecting the new cutter and supplies to arrive next week sometime.  I figured next Monday at best.  That would have given me the chance to "butter up" my wife this coming weekend and gently break the news that "we" just spent around $550.00. 

No such luck.  This morning, Tuesday, I get the FedEx tracking info saying the packages will be here tomorrow.  3 day delivery for under $10 is nuts. 

I'm so screwed...

Hey Levi ,

I feel your pain !!!  ;D I feel the same way about USCutter .

Great post & attitude. I am impressed with your humor . Welcome aboard . Watch out for my buddy Bayotle , his sense of humor is immense also  ;D

Thanks for all the moral support.

It's "D-Day" and I've not had the chance to tell her about it yet.  I work days, she works nights and we're both working long hours right now.  Think I'll just let it be a surprise.

I can't wait to get the phone call today telling me about how the FedEx driver woke her up delivering my f-in stuff.  

(Putting a note on the door for driver to ring doorbell loudly.)

I'll keep you all informed.. if I'm still able.

Wish we could see a video. ;D

US Cutter's customer service is great.

Susie

not here - lived it and don't need the instant replay!

Update

FedEx came just as she was waking up.  She called me at work to let me know the packages came in.  No fireworks, no harsh words.. kinda like it was no big deal.  Then she asked what it was. 

"Just some sign stuff..". 

She simply said "Oh. OK."

Now I'm really scared.  Every married man knows what those words mean.

So anyway,

Everything arrived well packed and in good shape.  I've assembled the 34" GoldCut's stand and set the cutter on top.  No problem with any of that.  It sure LOOKS impressive.  A little office re-arranging is going to have to happen before I can hook it all up and take it for a test drive. 

It took me a bit to find the directions.  They were on a tiny, unmarked cd.  Once I popped that in the manual came up with pretty good instructions.

So far I'd have to say that the cutter is much more than I expected.  When the Mrs. comes home and sees this thing she is going to think I spent a WHOLE lot more than I did. 

I would make a heart with her name inside & have it ready ... REWARDS !!!

I would make a heart with her name inside & have it ready ... REWARDS !!!

lol!  Don't think I can figure all this out in time to do that in vinyl.. wonder if something in crayon might work.

I have got  the plotter pen to work.  The only problem I had with it was getting SBE to communicate with it via COM2.  I uninstalled the SBE that was on the computer and then reinstalled it using the cd sent with the cutter.  It worked like a charm.

One question before I head off for another day of work. (Hopefully I'm allowed at least one stupid question per day.)

Under the cutter head is what looks like a strip of masking tape that runs the entire length of the GC871's bed.  Is that just packaging that should be removed? Or is it some vital part of the machine?   I don't want to mess anything up.  

Of course on the other hand, there is a good chance that I'll come home tonight to find that the Mrs. smashed the entire thing into little pieces.  Should that happen the tape thing won't matter.

My guess is the new front loading washer and dryer are already on the way and you haven't found out yet!