Sign in to follow this  
TheCustomVinylShop

Copam 2500 Communication Issues - Im Desperate...

Hey everyone, I recently purchased a used Copam 2500 and my connection to my copam is very inconsistant, it reminds me of when i first bought my pcut before we switched from the usb cable to the serial cable.

On the Copam I tried the serial cable to no avail, so I went a purchased a parallel to parallel and hooked it up via the parallel port on the computer. That worked while i tested the depth on a few small decals until I got it right, i then loaded a larger file to cut, and it would not work. It went through the process as if it was cutting on the computer but did not communicate with the cutter (The computer did not say it couldnt find the cutter, it just went through the cut path as if it were working)

So i tried restarting the computer, and the cutter, then both and none of that worked. So I removed the parallel port and reinstalled signblazer and it worked. So I cut the few decals I needed, and the computer sat on the cut screen for a while after until my wife got home. I tried to show her how to use the new cutter and it did the same thing (not communicating) So I went through the motions again, and reinstalled signblazer (without unplugging parallel) and it still didnt work. It did work however when I unplugged the parallel and replugged it in again.

Any idea what the issue could be? I am desperate and need a cutter that is reliable as business is growing quickly