Sign in to follow this  
BannerJohn

For everyone who bought the US Cutter cheap grommet press.

I suggest you stock up on grommets for it ..they have been moved to the CLEARANCE section on the USC website. This would seem to indicate that they will soon no longer be available. I was afraid this might happen from the beginning and even asked if they would always have the grommets since they are specific to the machine. If I had not been told YES I would not have bought or recommended the press.

Guest USCutter Shipping

We will continue to supply the grommet presses, #4 and #6 grommets, and dies.  A container of these will be brought in the near future.  The clearance sale is unrelated to our future continued supply of these products.

The grommet press I am referring to is not the one you sell now...and it does not use standard size grommets,such as # 4 and # 6. It will not use any other grommet I have tried.There were once large and small sizes, but there never were dies for the large ones. This is the grommet press you were sellng for $34.99 with 1000 grommets.

"PLEASE NOTE: These grommets are SIZE SPECIFIC to the USCutter grommet press sold separately. They WILL NOT WORK with other brands."

From the website. The press hasn't been available for a long time.

I am simply advising everyone who bought the press on my recommendation.

And,btw..if you have any dies or grommets other than # 2, I can't find them.

Guest USCutter Shipping

The grommet press I am referring to is not the one you sell now...and it does not use standard size grommets,such as # 4 and # 6. It will not use any other grommet I have tried.There were once large and small sizes, but there never were dies for the large ones. This is the grommet press you were sellng for $34.99 with 1000 grommets.

"PLEASE NOTE: These grommets are SIZE SPECIFIC to the USCutter grommet press sold separately. They WILL NOT WORK with other brands."

We are both talking about the same grommet press and grommets, (the grommet press that we sold out of).  It will be available again in the near future.  A full container of the grommet machines and grommets specific to the grommet machine will be received.  When available, they will be back online for sale.

'when available' is the key here. Not much help if you're out of them. I stand by what I said.If anyone has this press,stock up like I did. I don't see the logic of putting something on clearance that is going to be available. It doesn't make sense. Clearance means you try to get rid of something.

and,to make it clear..I'm not just guessing on this. I got my information from someone in your very company. The advice was to stock up.

you know whats real bad i just bought mine about 6 months ago and just the other day i was pressing some ganners and snapped mine in half. i bet i haven't put in over 50 grommets with it. now i have about 450 grommets and no press!!!

I've heard of that happening..not just with this press but with other more expensive ones. That's the problem with cast metal...a tiny stress crack can go undetected until it's too late. I reckon at $34.99 the Chinese don't x-ray them to look for internal problems.

Personally..I'm still using my original one...and on my 4th 500 pack of grommets.

We are both talking about the same grommet press and grommets, (the grommet press that we sold out of).  It will be available again in the near future.  A full container of the grommet machines and grommets specific to the grommet machine will be received.  When available, they will be back online for sale.

If we are talking about the same press..where did this come from?:

We will continue to supply the grommet presses, #4 and #6 grommets, and dies

The press I am talking about came with one die..a small one...and there were never any other dies offered. And the die it came with was non-standard..and closer to a #2 than anything. YOu can't use standard size grommets with it.period.

Guest USCutter Shipping

Correction:  We had a large and small grommet offered, the large grommet had an issue with the large die (similar to #6), and is not sold.  So you are correct, the only grommet for sale is the small, which is what is on clearance.  We aren't running out, currently we have a supply of close to 300 small grommet 500packs. (we call #4).  If you're on your 4th 500pack, we should be able to supply you until the container is received.  We are working with the manufacturer on a solution for the large grommets.  We refer to the small and large as #4, #6 although these are limited to this specific Grommet Press we sold out of, and will continue to sell in the near future.

Rest assured.  The clearance grommets will be resupplied along with the specific grommet press, the same as sold before.

I am happy to hear it. meanwhile, I'd love to have the large die if it ever actually becomes available. Esp since the banner material I buy from you guys has the larger grommets and mixing the small ones looks funny..though so far,nobody has complained.