pandc

Graphtec 5000-60 and cutting master

I had a fire in my house a couple of weeks ago & had to get a new computer. Everyone is OK, even the dogs got out.  Butttt my cutter will not cut with cutting master now.

I loaded it a couple of days ago & it worked for 3-4 days. Then yesterday it told me  Microsoft Visual Basic  runtime error.

So because it worked before, I did the normal, I uninstalled & reinstalled cutting master several times, between yesterday & today & I am still getting the same error code.

I don't have the disk that came with my cutter, it was in the fire, I have called & contacted Graphtec but no one has answered me.

Does anyone have any ideas about what I can do.?

Thanks

Peggy in MI

If you have graphtec & Illustrator, Cant you download the cuttingmaster plugin?

I have corel X4 & yes the cutting master just will not work now....it worked for a couple of days & now it will not.

Thanks

Peg

make sure its on the correct setting and that the HPGL or GPGL haven't switched ?

When using CorelDraw plugin you have to set the plotter to communicate with GPGL.

Press pause then kepp pressing next until the commad is displayed. Press enter then press up or down arrow to change it from HPGL to GPGL. I believe Flexi uses HPGL.

No it is still in GPGL so that should be OK.

I still can't get it to cut. On my other computer it said Graphtec on the printer choices, not on this computer. It just has my printer & no graphtec choice.

Peg

Graphtec finally called & they don't know what is wrong, someone will call me on Monday (maybe). See guys it is not just US cutter that does it...it has been a week now & no one can tell me what is wrong. They can't even suggest another way to cut but craft robo & that will not take EPS or SVG...I am screwed... this cutter is no better than my MH721...  I can't get it to cut so right now, it is no better than a piece of junk sitting here. That I paid a lot more money for than the other.

Anyone else have any ideas???

Peggy

I bought ve-lxi master pro from signwarehouse - same as flexi without the rip

I know some people use signblazer with that machine

Do you know what drivers I would use with signbalzer?  I will try that.  I have downloaded the drivers for my OS, bought a new cable, installed & uninstalled till I am blue in the face...sorry I just need to vent a little..

Peg

Do you know what drivers I would use with signbalzer?  I will try that.  I have downloaded the drivers for my OS, bought a new cable, installed & uninstalled till I am blue in the face...sorry I just need to vent a little..

Peg

everything is in this post

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,26982.0.html

go to SB then click on cutter setup box comes up on the bottom there is a load button click on that box comes up select graphtec 50 hit OK save done.  Mine shows Co Pam CP-2500  usb 002 but it works like a charm

I was thinking your cutter wasn't working but after reading you post your saying your cutter master plugin is not working.

Dont know anything about Corel.

Do you have the Graphtec Cutting Plotter Controller installed?

Yes I have the cutting plotter installed, I have corel x4 installed & cutting master installed. I put a new usb cable on the cutter. Checked to make sure it was still on GPGL. I even put it on my old laptop & got the same error message with XP.  On the new computer I have windows 7  64 bit. 

Peggy