Sign in to follow this  
HabitatReStoreQC

$300 budget - is EcoCut worth it?

Hi, I am the manager of a resale store for a charitable organization.  We have need for in-store signs, event displays, banners, window signs, wall words, etc.  Nothing really huge, nothing really small or detailed.  We have previously been ordering our signs from local sign shops and been able to afford 5 to 10 signs per year.  A few weeks ago I started looking at the possibility of buying a vinyl cutter and making signs in-house.  I

You might want to check out the Signblazer software 1st........Some that have the time and patience to learn it, love it.....Others find it to be a frustrating exercise and never quite get it....With Signblazer you can setup your signs and cut from the same program....You will also get a 1 year version of SignCut but you must renew it every year....And if you use SignCut you also need a graphics program as it is a cut only program.....

PS....There are lots of great videos on YouTube showing you how to make signs and banners....Good luck....

From what you are saying I think the EcoCut would be perfect for you. And Like Roxanne said, SignBlazer is a great program for the types of things you will be doing. In spite of what some people say, I found it VERY easy to learn. I would check and make SURE that Signblazer has the right drivers for the EcoCut.

+ 1 , I was just getting up to speed learning how to use the cutter with InkScape/SignCut when SignBlazer came out . I tried it & it was a breeze .

I have one and I love it. I've had some issues, but it turns out that most of the time it was never the cutter itself (static, programs, etc).

I have a whole Adobe suite of programs, so I either design in Photoshop/Illustrator and copy the vectors/lines into Signblazer. I had so many problems with Signcut, when I went to SignBlazer I was a little disappointed that it was so easy, haha. I know not many people have purchased the EcoCut, so if you do get it and have some issues, I'll be glad to try and help out.