Sign in to follow this  
SandyM114

tax exempt certificate??

I've been ordering from Imprints Wholesale for a couple of years now and received an email yesterday asking me to fill out a tax exempt form for my state and fax it back. All the choices on the form were for churches and non-profit businesses it looked like. I've never been asked to fill one of these out before from any vendor. I've just had to fax others my resale tax permit. Has anyone else received this request? Sandy

Sandy and Bayshore,

Do you both live in NJ? Was this for Clothing or Signage?

In NJ there is not sales tax on Clothing, if you provide the clothing. If the customer supplies the clothing, and you alter it, you have to charge them taxes. That's why we don't let them provide their own garments. 

Sandy and Bayshore,

Do you both live in NJ? Was this for Clothing or Signage?

In NJ there is not sales tax on Clothing, if you provide the clothing. If the customer supplies the clothing, and you alter it, you have to charge them taxes. That's why we don't let them provide their own garments. 

NJ charges taxes on labor?:(

that's like totally opposite from what we have here, no tax on labor period, only on merchandise.....  :thumbsup:

If you are ordering from another state and they have no stores in your state you should not have to pay sales tax anyway, but if reselling you would need a certificate of exemption if the laws are the same there as in West Virginia.

Dan