scooterjl

how do i trace an image

Can i draw a picture scan it send it too signblazer and vecorize it I tried this got it too the cutter but it didnt really cut the cutter started and it went crazy like it was cutting forever in one spot Please help me..

download and install inkscape. It is free. open Inkscape, click the file menu, import the jpg file, it should open the file, click on path and Trace Bitmap. You can play with the settings some but for black/white line drawings I usually just change it to .600 and click OK. When that is done. Close that menu, and click the image and drag it over. You will see two versions. One is the original bitmap and one is a vector. Delete the original and size your vector to what you want and save as an EPS file. Lastly you can import into SB. Hope that helps (I am going off of memory here so I may have missed something but should put you in the right direction).

;D KUDOS, I've been using Vector Magic for converting while I wait but the clean up alone usually takes me just as long as if I just used your method.

RG