Sign in to follow this  
xJoey Dubsx

Signblazer/Inkscape not loading eps's correctly?

So alot of people use BrandsOfTheWorld.com to get vectors, but I am running into the problem that when I use someone's images here, or from BOTW, that Signblazer and Inkscape will not load them.

When I try to import or open in Signblazer, I get an error saying it's not the right format.

When I try to open in Inkscape, it will not open, and importing get's a white box with an X in it.

I've even used Freehand, with no success...

Anyone able to help me out?

I use Adobe Illustrator. It's not a cheap program, but it's tools are unbelievable and you can do just about anything.

It's powerful, and I highly recommend it.

In signBlazer to open .eps files you need to use File + Import instead of File + Open.

In signBlazer to open .eps files you need to use File + Import instead of File + Open.

See, I try that, and it doesn't work.

I prefer freehand over illustrator, only because that's what I am famliar with, and freehand won't open them.

inkscape will save in eps format, but WILL NOT OPEN an eps document.

afa signblazer, ive had a lot of trouble too, i use adobe photoshop, and i can sometimes open them there and then save them as a different version of eps and get them to work in sb.

afa signblazer, ive had a lot of trouble too, i use adobe photoshop, and i can sometimes open them there and then save them as a different version of eps and get them to work in sb.

SignBlazer will open Adobe created .eps files from version 8 and earlier. You can save them as older versions of .eps files from newer versions of Illustrator.

If you open it in photoshop and resave it, you won't lose the vector aspect? I assumed it would change it to raster-based.