livingagain75

Hello from California

Hi all,

I've spent the last year + infatuated with the t-shirt/ apparel decorating industry. I have a heat press and am looking to get a cutter to compliment it. I stumbled upon this site while researching and thought I'd say a quick hello. I would like to make vinyl t-shirts/ numbered uniforms, create stickers, make rhinestone templates, and get into the sign making industry. I'm an ambitious person and willing to put in the time/ effort to learn learn learn...

I'm looking for a good entry level cutter that won't break the bank. Any suggestions will be appreciated... Thanks in advance for all the info I'm about to soak up...

Bill

Ya I was looking at the MH-Series and what I like about it is the fact that I could afford test vinyl and a weeding and application starter kit. I have a couple of questions:

1) how important is it to get the stand?

2) how good is the GreenStar Vinyl? I know I would need it to practice on, but could I expect to use it professionally in a job? Or would I just want to buy a couple of rolls to experiment with and buy the oracle for anything I charge money for.

3) I already have corel draw 4, would I need to buy the corel draw 4 essentials?

I appreciate your help...

You will want the stand  - several people have ordered without it and have posted they were sorry they did not get it

The greenstar is good for practice but a cheaper practice vinyl can be found on ebay from stickerman5000 and his vinyl is FDC so you can use it for production also.  Stick with Oracal and you cannot go wrong

if you have corel draw 4 you are all set, along with signblazer or signcut

Greetings from the U.K .

Definitley get the stand . .

P.s I want to get into doing t-shirts any tips ? ?   ;D

Cheers

I have the MH721 without the stand, and it is on top of my dresser, with a home made roller for vinyl. I don't mind not having the stand. I have no place to put it on a stand in my house, haha.

I've only used Greenstar so far, and I like it. I hear alot of people saying it doesnt stick well, but for me it has. I plan on upgrading vinyl as I go though, and getting Oracal or something else.

;D Greetings, I love my Creation pcut CR630 I found brand new with stand and basket. I've been using it since 08 without issue. I was lucky enough to get it on ebay for $180 by taking advantage of an auction that took place on a holiday so their were minimal bids. You don't need much more than this to get going.

The stand is a lifesaver and the basket is a bonus for keeping the material off the ground and clean. I only use Oracal, MacTac and 3M vinyl as the rest seem too hard to work with and what ever you do stay away from the ebay vinyl, otherwise known as "shelf paper".

RG

;D Greetings, I love my Creation pcut CR630 I found brand new with stand and basket. I've been using it since 08 without issue. I was lucky enough to get it on ebay for $180 by taking advantage of an auction that took place on a holiday so their were minimal bids. You don't need much more than this to get going.

The stand is a lifesaver and the basket is a bonus for keeping the material off the ground and clean. I only use Oracal, MacTac and 3M vinyl as the rest seem too hard to work with and what ever you do stay away from the ebay vinyl, otherwise known as "shelf paper".

RG

Made out like a bandit! Good find dude!

Thanks for the heads up on the ebay vinyl, I am getting ready to get set up with my starter kit too. Sign Warehouse seems to have good deals but  now I know to steer away from ebay.