idare2bdul

USB to Laserpoint 24 issues

My Laserpoint 24 seems to ignore my USB. The computer recognizes the driver but nothing good seems to come from it. After reading the various posts it looks like a serial to USB adapter cable might be a better choice but I would like to be able to use the USB cable. I've got Corel Draw X4, Flexi Starter 8.5 and have loaded Signcut and it comes up but doesn't cut. Flexi Starter cured the problems I had with the crummy software that came with the Craft Robo but I need to get the Laserpoint up and running. After multiple calls to tech support we have solved several problems but not the final one to get the USB connection to work with the programs I currently have.

Anybody out there successful with a lap top using the USB port?

I dont have a laptop but encountered the same issue.  When I first tried to setup using USB I would select the USB option when trying to configure in flexi.  What you need to do is configure a COM port under device manager and then adjust the settings in flexi to the COM port. It worked for me at least...

I had a similar issue with my laptop USB connection to my cutter. The problem with me was that I made the correct changes on the computer and in SignCut but the cutter would not update them unless it was reset. The way I had to reset it was to power it off, unplug the power cord from the cutter, unplug the USB cord from the cutter, wait 15 seconds, plug power cord back in, wait for "On Line" to appear in display, plug USB back in, then send a job to it. This is the method that tech support walked me through and it worked like a charm. Anytime you make a change in your COM ports on your computer, the cutter must update also. It can not update unless it is reset and that can not be done unless there is no power to it, including USB because power can travel through it.

Try that and let me know if it helps.

Try the new bie manual in the instructional section.

Baudrate setting PC and cutter to be checked!

Paco

From one laserpoint user to another, get the serial to usb adapter cable. you will not regret it. Most of the issues people have are with USB. WIth that cable you can stilluse your USB port on your computer but it adapts it to the Serial connection on the cutter. $35 well spent.

Kevin

It looks like the USB serial port adapter is a better way to go. I bought one, now I need to buy a long enough serial cable.Thanks for the responses.

Just a heads up, long serial cables will cause issues. If you go with anything longer than what the manufacture provides, you might run into issues.

Just a heads up, long serial cables will cause issues. If you go with anything longer than what the manufacture provides, you might run into issues.

i bought a longer null modem serial cable for my lp24 and have never had a problem. just because you don't have a serial port on your laptop or desktop computer, doesn't mean it can't have a serial port. you can get something like this for your lappy...

http://www.quatech.com/products/pcmcia.php

or, you can get something like this for your desky...

http://www.frys.com/product/6357071?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

bb

I must be the luckiest guy alive...I have had my LP24 for over 2 years, and have had it hooked up via USB since day one. I have never had any problems except taking me an entire year and a half to read these forums and figure out it can cut better by setting the offset :P

LOL, just watch it though if you don't have a keyspan.