Sign in to follow this  
Steel546

Refine EcoCut freezing during job

Okay, so I have a really weird kicker. At first I've been using Signcut, but then it was cutting things poorly and only about 70% of things were coming out properly. I installed SignBlazer and things are going so far, so good... except one file.

Guys, I've tried this so many times and it doesn't make any sense why it doesn't work. Last night I literally ran this art through to put on heat transfer material. I have a big roll of thick, glossy black vinyl that I practice on because it's terrible. So I fed it through and started cutting... it cut the whole thing. Cool, now let's put some Easyweed through there.... stops about 10% of the way through, ruining a whole 18 inches of vinyl. Not cool. And it has happened to me soooo many times. This was in SignCut. Ran it through Signblazer, same deal. Just stops. I'm wondering if it's a memory issue, but unsure.

Here's the file. I had it broken apart into two files, but combined them for simplicity. Someone, please help.

jersey.zip

jersey.zip

USB, and my comp has no serial. But I just did it again. I put in a giant blank piece of paper and then used the plotting pen, it did the whole thing... I stick in Siser Easyweed, and it stops on the 3rd pass.

So I just noticed it this time, but when SignBlazer tracks the cut, it stops towards the beginning... then the cutter stops. This is weird as it hasn't done it with anything else I've cut. Weird?

98977492.jpg

Static is the likely culprit. The plastic backing on easyweed generates a lot more static. Make sure your cutter is properly grounded. Search the forum if you don't know how. Also, consider getting a keyspan adapter or at least a dedicated USB card or external powered USB hub.

+1 what hockeygirl said - run a wire from a screw on the cutter to a screw on the stand

I actually ran a wire earlier yesterday and it still hasn't worked. I've cut other things in easyweed that made the carriage go back and forth more than just what this does. It just seems odd to me that the program stops sending data. It has done this is SignCut too.

I seem to be having the same problem... I'm working on a job with many  4 foot long passes. It does about 3 passes and then encounters an error and stops abruptly. I've got the cutter grounded to the stand by way of a screw from the bottom of the cutter connected to one of the screws in the stand. The machine is plugged into a grounded power strip. I'm really not sure where I'm going wrong and I've wasted 12 ft of vinyl on this thing so far.

I also noticed that the job is stopping at the exact same spot everytime I tried running the job. Could it also be something about how I've set up my file? I'm using illustrator to vectorize a psd (psd -> illustrator -> live trace -> expand -> save as .eps (illustrator version ;D -> open in signblazer then send it to the cutter). I'm a noob obviously, but I feel like I'm at my wits end. I've been through the forums and read the noob step by step but...urg.

Any help would be much appreciated.

If it's stopping at the exact same spot everytime, it looks like a memory issue.

Either upgrade the memory or if you're using USB, get a keyspan adapter.

If the design you're trying to cut is not too detailed, try speeding up the cutter speed, and decreasing the baud rate. This may help push data out of the cutter's memory faster.

Good Luck!