Sign in to follow this  
barrypatch

Entire image not importing

I am struggling with a stick family decal.  I probably take too many steps to create these, but this is my process.

Open jpg in Inkscape, trace bitmap, save as eps

Import eps in Signblazer

I have a 6 person decal, the first person is missing half his body.  I am not sure what I did.  So, I decided to crop him out and redo him.  I am trying to redo him in Inkscape, he looks fine.  I import into SB and the same thing again.

I have worked on this too long tonight.  I did him alone and when I try to cut, it says there is still a bitmap and it only shows the other people.

I think I need to start over and delete everything.

I am attaching the eps file, he is missing his pants, when I import it into SB.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Nanc

crawford 1st person rev.eps

crawford 1st person rev.eps

Barry, I can't help it....I need to just say this.....maybe you just need to create the whole family WITHOUT pants!!!!  ROTFLMBO  :lol::o

Sorry....hope Jay was able to help you!  lol

DAZZEL

You are all so wonderful.  I really need to work on the prep part of this business.  I bought those graphics as part of a pkg and got the eps format.  I am thinking I need to invest in a better software program to make the transition to SB easier.  I do have a good graphics guy that helps me (my best friend), but he is really sick right now and won't be able to help me for a month or so.

Dazzel:  Last night I was ready to make the "dad" without pants.  I was beyond frustrated, so I quit working on it, went on to the next order.  Once I get my orders caught up (whenever that will be), I will spend time every day working on the graphics part to get a better understanding of this.

I think that image was rough, because of all the manipulation I did to attempt to get it to work.

So, what graphics program do I really need to make this easier?  I am still using my U. S. Cutter and SB, until I get to know my other cutter.  Then I will have both running and figure out the best plan to use both of them.

Barry  :o

I am not familiar with InkScape but if you have Illustrator then I can help you with tracing the images.  I am sure other people on this forum know Inkscape as I have seem then chat about it quite often so hang in there, help is coming!!!  :lol:

Dazzel