Sign in to follow this  
jwalters69

New I phone 4? Screen protectors

Has anyone made screen protectors using static cling material?  If so where did you get the cut pattern?

Did the cling material work well?

Just seeing an opportunity as all of our engineers at work use that phone and we purchase a lot of screen protectors.

thanks

Jim

making a template would be really easy.

What company makes the static material? I'd love to get some for my own uses!

static cling on phone screens works but is not sellable IMO

It's very hard to apply without bubbles, I tried on 3 phones that i have had. It does work though but you will get alot of angry people due to it being hard to apply, even with a hint of dampness.

I paid $4 for 2 anti-glare, fingerprint-free protector sheets at the AT&T store. Not really worth my while to cut my own.

I paid $4 for 2 anti-glare, fingerprint-free protector sheets at the AT&T store. Not really worth my while to cut my own.

+1  I got 3 for the LG Rumor touch for a couple of bucks on ebay

Thanks for the info. I know they are not terribly expensive but if I can make them for $.25 each and sell them to work for $1-$2 then why not.  When I buy them for our company I have to pay shipping so that adds to the cost as well.  The last ones I bought when applied were very bubbly...  Just thought I would try it.  I will let you know how it works out.

Jim

I used the avery static cling vinyl for my daughters Samsung Intensity. I don't think anyone even makes one specifically for that phone. It has held up well to even a 13 year old's abuse. Only thing I have noticed is the Static Cling vinyl does shrink a bit. To make the template I literally laid the phone on my scanner and scanned the image. I used the pen tool to trace the outline and scaled the image to a measuremnt of the phone.

Jay,

Where did you get the Static Cling from? I bought some a while back and can't remember where.

My wife was cleaning up and she through it away.

My daughter goes through it like water, and I'd like to make some for our family. About ten of us all bought Iphone 3gs, and a couple now have the 4's.

Wow that's expensive. It says 8mil, does it matter?

I believe I bought some from the Arts & Craft store, staples or wal-mart.

Wow that's expensive. It says 8mil, does it matter?

I believe I bought some from the Arts & Craft store, staples or wal-mart.

I didn't think that $20 for 30" x 10' was too bad. I think that is about what I paid for my 15" x 10 yard roll that was on clearance. I don't know how much dofference the thickness makes. I know the stuff I got is thick. I have to set my cutter out further when I cut it.