Creakhead

Whats your workspace look like?

Cool.  Thank you.  Yours is the black with the white glass?

I got the clear glass and added a sheet of paper under the glass. 

• Like 1

My cutter sits in the dining room and the 8 x 3 foot dining table doubles up for weeding etc. It's only a very small room in a very small house, but for a house built in 1770 it could be worse :rolleyes:

After being out of the retail sign-making environment for over a year, I've decided to re-enter the marketplace.

Small rent, small workshop.

post-21408-0-35860700-1429652711_thumb.j

post-21408-0-09297200-1429652720_thumb.j

post-21408-0-20100900-1429652738_thumb.j

post-21408-0-33623600-1429652745_thumb.j

post-21408-0-00287400-1429652776_thumb.j

• Like 7

After being out of the retail sign-making environment for over a year, I've decided to re-enter the marketplace.

Small rent, small workshop.

You just couldn't stand it could you Slice. It's an addiction I tell ya. 

You just couldn't stand it could you Slice. It's an addiction I tell ya. 

Absolutely right.

I got lucky to find this old carriage house that had been renovated for commercial use.

The table is only 12'  but I'll manage.

Already got my first 2 jobs lined-up.

(Insurance office and Real Estate office).

Those signs will provide the entire monthly lease payment ($400).

FRUSTRATEDINHAWAII ---  I feel yer pain.

I tried to work with a mini 14" MH cutter inside of an RV motorhome !!!

post-21408-0-60110500-1429660592_thumb.j

• Like 1

HA! I GOT YOU BEAT!!! You have MUCH more room in your motorhome than I have now!!!!!!!!!!!! and this pics of your motorhome is CLEAN compared to mine!!!!!!!!!!!

I appreciate your pics VERY MUCH THOUGH :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS on your 1st 2 jobs :) !!!!! AND FINDING THAT CARRIAGE HOUSE  ;D ;D ;D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh...btw...where do your customers wait? I didn't see a coffee pot and a table with magazines on it ;) !!!

(although, it probably wouldn't matter...they would be hanging over your shoulder making sure their happy with your work ;D )

Onwards and upwards ---  I was cramped in that carriage house, and now have moved into a Main Street location with more space.

There is a back office, which I use to design and cut.

Adjoining that is an area into which I've placed a 4'x4' table for weeding and taping medium-sized things.

In the front room, where customers enter, I created a "relaxation zone" (found those two couches on the roadside). That part also has 18' of worktables.

All air-conditioned and cool as a cucumber.

DSCN0634.JPG

DSCN0637.JPG

DSCN0635.JPG

DSCN0644.JPG

Still placing cables and cords out of the way when i took these pictures..The cable to the far left in the image runs over my door jam to my cutter that is plugged into a powered usb hub which allows me to run a very long cord with no loss of any info from my laptop to cutter,,,( I love that)........My laptop and monitor are not that dark in person lol .They both fold up and away from my work area ....This table (glass) is 28"x6' long.over all table size is 7 feet long x 32" wide..The middle drawer is 29" wide by 21" deep for my flat scrap material and scrap small rolls..The drawer on the left is for my tools . The drawer on the right is for small scrap as well.. Each LED panel  light is wireless remote controlled for the size of my area i need which allows me to turn on any panel i want separately and measure 24"x24" per panel....It took me a week to design and build this from scratch with no plans. .Hope you like it....

2016-01-18 09.09.30.jpg

post-88251-0-28965800-1453137538.jpg

• Like 2

I will post pics when I get all setup. I'm designing my back lit table now. anyone ever wall mount on a hinge? I was thinking being able to fold out of the way when not in use, but I do really like primal's in the post above. along with having extra storage below. I was just thinking wall mounted and adjustable so I could change the angle depending on what I'm working on. May end up designing a wall rack for vinyl storage, right now I'm using 1 of our shops rolling clothing racks.

On 7/13/2016 at 8:10 PM, Primal Decals said:

Still placing cables and cords out of the way when i took these pictures..The cable to the far left in the image runs over my door jam to my cutter that is plugged into a powered usb hub which allows me to run a very long cord with no loss of any info from my laptop to cutter,,,( I love that)........My laptop and monitor are not that dark in person lol .They both fold up and away from my work area ....This table (glass) is 28"x6' long.over all table size is 7 feet long x 32" wide..The middle drawer is 29" wide by 21" deep for my flat scrap material and scrap small rolls..The drawer on the left is for my tools . The drawer on the right is for small scrap as well.. Each LED panel  light is wireless remote controlled for the size of my area i need which allows me to turn on any panel i want separately and measure 24"x24" per panel....It took me a week to design and build this from scratch with no plans. .Hope you like it....

2016-01-18 09.09.30.jpg

post-88251-0-28965800-1453137538.jpg

THIS IS what I WANT TO BUILD SO BAD!!!! 

now i see the plans how it works I need to build it ! now

Im bringing this old thread back to life just to see what advice some of the full-timers have on building a production table. I want to build one and my local sign shop has a solid glass (3/8" thick) probably about 6'x12' table. I like the idea of the glass top table over the self healing mats that are available because they are smoother, and are easier to clean, and they dont gouge.

Anyone have a legit production table that they'd be willing to share a picture of?

On 2/12/2008 at 8:14 PM, tservice said:

Banner you need a kvm switch, you have more cpu's than NASA. Anyway here is my partner's and mine

P1010312.JPG

P1010311.JPG

P1010312.JPG

P1010311.JPG

Offset Presses...  I haven't seen ones that small or used them for many many years...

1 hour ago, slice&dice said:

That bat'leth is likely his weeding tool.

1 hour ago, arty-rc said:

No, it's for all the unruly customers!!

Yeah, both? ... Maybe he forces the Unruly Customers to Weed with it?