Creakhead

Whats your workspace look like?

Just moved into my new house, everythings in boxes and rubbermaid containers, but this thread has me itching to get set up again in the new place!!! I'll post pics when im up and running!

Sweet!  And the sandblasting cabinet is right in the middle of it! ;D

Here's my gear in the basement, im looking for a bigger desk, all the vinyl and supplies are hidden away in a closet lol!

post-6169-12986553826337_thumb.jpg

post-6169-12986553838836_thumb.jpg

Here's my gear in the basement, im looking for a bigger desk, all the vinyl and supplies are hidden away in a closet lol!

oh that is so not right - nobody's workspace should be that clean and organized!  LOL

• Like 1

I am stuffed in a 10 x 12 room, with three tables, a cutter, a heat press, four milk cartons of vinyl, a wireless printer, two chairs, a light table and two dogs.............

• Like 1

oh that is so not right - nobody's workspace should be that clean and organized!  LOL

LOL! I cleaned up a bit for the picture but generally it stays fairly clean as I HATE working in clutter.

If I'm not surrounded by clutter I have panic attacks.

LOL!!!!! Ive seen yer pics Bannerjohn and I would probably have a heart attack in there LOL!

I am stuffed in a 10 x 12 room, with three tables, a cutter, a heat press, four milk cartons of vinyl, a wireless printer, two chairs, a light table and two dogs.............

this sounds just like james's place but with his you can add in a cute little girl.

as for us we have a 1400 sqft walkout basement and still dont have enough room at times.

Does anyone besides  banner john  do any work in these setups?  My shop looks  as bad as johns does.  I cant keep it clean  with the amount of vinyl and screenprinting i do.  We clean the store  3 days later  you cant tell.  Glad my customers are understanding

Guest YHC

Does anyone besides  banner john  do any work in these setups?  My shop looks  as bad as johns does.  I cant keep it clean  with the amount of vinyl and screenprinting i do.  We clean the store  3 days later  you cant tell.  Glad my customers are understanding

Its hard to say how clean my area would be if I was doing a lot of work that kept me from having the time to clean up. But, I can say that I wouldn't ever let it get that out of control. I like a bit of order around me. Plus I don't like having to buy new tools all the time because Its lost in the mess. ;)

I'm hoping to soon build a three and half car garage so I can have room to spread out and finally start finishing some projects I haven't been able to finish from moving from my old house. :-

I noticed in the pics that have been posted that a lot of you have two or more PCs. I have my desktop and a laptop but was wondering the perpose some of you are having three or more systems around for.

Yeah my thing is I have my shop here and its always messy and then I have an 18 ft concession trailer thats booked every weekend,  so its hard to keep it all clean.  I have some local  people  I give them 30 bucks and they clean the shop.  So  that works  but  just cant keep up on it by myself  doing all the paperwork  cutting  retail people  coming in  doing  pricing  job quotes and on the road.

I only do this stuff as a hobby & clean as I go. I have another 50+ hour a week job plus a 1 year old plus the usual house crap and other activities to deal with; guess im just OCD like that lol!

Its hard to say how clean my area would be if I was doing a lot of work that kept me from having the time to clean up. But, I can say that I wouldn't ever let it get that out of control. I like a bit of order around me. Plus I don't like having to buy new tools all the time because Its lost in the mess. ;)

I'm hoping to soon build a three and half car garage so I can have room to spread out and finally start finishing some projects I haven't been able to finish from moving from my old house. :-

I noticed in the pics that have been posted that a lot of you have two or more PCs. I have my desktop and a laptop but was wondering the perpose some of you are having three or more systems around for.

I pick up good XP machines all the time for $50 or so....so I have a different machine for every cutter...a machine just for listening to music and podcasts,and a machine just for watching DVD's and TV. Since computers are my hobby, it's easy. Oh, I forgot...a machine also just for VOIP.

I pick up good XP machines all the time for $50 or so....so I have a different machine for every cutter...a machine just for listening to music and podcasts,and a machine just for watching DVD's and TV. Since computers are my hobby, it's easy. Oh, I forgot...a machine also just for VOIP.

let me guess you have a machine just for this forum too??

no, I can do internet from any one of them. Doesn't take much memory.

I have several computers because I started out this insanity as a computer enthusiast. I currently have 3 desktops; two laptops; a netbook and a rack in the closet that houses three IBM servers (each are dual processor units with over 10 TB of storage). In addition to vinyl, I also run a file server and two webservers. Connected to the computers are 5 network printers of varying types (laser, inkjet, multifunction, etc) and my wife's Cricut.

My 11 year old son has a desktop and a laptop in his room as well. I guess we are probably the most technologically based household around these parts.

Charlie

I have several computers because I started out this insanity as a computer enthusiast. I currently have 3 desktops; two laptops; a netbook and a rack in the closet that houses three IBM servers (each are dual processor units with over 10 TB of storage). In addition to vinyl, I also run a file server and two webservers. Connected to the computers are 5 network printers of varying types (laser, inkjet, multifunction, etc) and my wife's Cricut.

My 11 year old son has a desktop and a laptop in his room as well. I guess we are probably the most technologically based household around these parts.

Charlie

I think you have the computer side covered!!!!!!LOL :)

Just found this thread. Fantastic! Lots of ideas in here. I see a lot of people have setups not much different from my own. I also see a lot of the guys here are woodworkers. Another hobby of mine. We have a detached garage out back that will become my dream shop next spring. Right now though, my vinyl studio/man cave is just a small 7'x8 1/2' alcove off of the living room. I love it in there though.

My vinyl cutter is on a small tv stand I bought from wal-mart. Later this year when I get my GX-24 it'll be going in the same spot.

My cutting mat is an 18"x24" X-Acto. It works great but I have a Dahle also. The vinyl racks on the wall are the $37 ones from ordway sign. They're good; they do their job just fine.

I'm very happy with my setup. I just can't wait to get my GX-24 and heat press!

Keep postin up pics of your workspace! I love to see what others work with.

My cutter (Roland Stika SV-12) and laser printer (Brother HL-2170W) on a cheap walmart tv stand. All my vinyl tools are kept in the small toolbox next to the stand.

IMG00014-20100623-0338.jpg

My wall of vinyl and desk. The left part of the desk is reserved for vinyl work and has my cutting mat double-stick taped down.

IMG00013-20100623-0337.jpg

Another shot of the vinyl wall racks. Like I said, they do their job just fine. A bit overpriced at $37 though. But I had them shipped for free at least.

IMG00015-20100623-0338.jpg

Just found this thread. Fantastic! Lots of ideas in here. I see a lot of people have setups not much different from my own. I also see a lot of the guys here are woodworkers. Another hobby of mine. We have a detached garage out back that will become my dream shop next spring. Right now though, my vinyl studio/man cave is just a small 7'x8 1/2' alcove off of the living room. I love it in there though.

My vinyl cutter is on a small tv stand I bought from wal-mart. Later this year when I get my GX-24 it'll be going in the same spot.

My cutting mat is an 18"x24" X-Acto. It works great but I have a Dahle also. The vinyl racks on the wall are the $37 ones from ordway sign. They're good; they do their job just fine.

I'm very happy with my setup. I just can't wait to get my GX-24 and heat press!

Keep postin up pics of your workspace! I love to see what others work with.

My cutter (Roland Stika SV-12) and laser printer (Brother HL-2170W) on a cheap walmart tv stand. All my vinyl tools are kept in the small toolbox next to the stand.

IMG00014-20100623-0338.jpg

My wall of vinyl and desk. The left part of the desk is reserved for vinyl work and has my cutting mat double-stick taped down.

IMG00013-20100623-0337.jpg

Another shot of the vinyl wall racks. Like I said, they do their job just fine. A bit overpriced at $37 though. But I had them shipped for free at least.

IMG00015-20100623-0338.jpg

Your set up looks well organized with. Where did you get the vinyl racks?

I have those same vinyl racks. Slightly overpriced (or maybe not) but I got mine from Ordway www.signsupply.com. Ordway is local to me so saving on shipping was a draw. The racks are actually quite good...they keep the vinyl nicely organized and off the ground.