Creakhead

Whats your workspace look like?

I agree. His work looks really cool. But it's not something that I really have a market for here either. It seems a bit goth to me.

Charlie

Don't get me wrong.  I could sell the hell out of it.  I just wont take someones stuff like that.  If I had a request for a evil pippy long stockings I'd hit him up for the sale of it.  :thumbsup:

What's the general rule of thumb with respects to image sharing? If the image is presented in .eps format, the poster is okay with sharing the graphic, and if it is posted in .jpg, .gif or .bmp, the poster is simply showing their work?

Maybe there should be a little disclaimer indicating "4show" and "4share" or the poster could imply the intent of their posted graphic. I'm not trying to be ignorant and I would never download a graphic unless it was something generic for other uses that I had requested (like a checkered flag or something...).

There's a lot of talent on this board and being a newbie I certainly want to understand what's acceptable and what's taboo. Thanks.

For the most part, I only download components from the board (like the flags you mentioned) unless someone specifically offers the image for download.

I think you may be onto something with the download this image or do not download this image notice. But, to be honest, if you post an image online, there is no way of preventing anyone from downloading it or using it other than to find them selling the image after it has been done.

Charlie

I don't download everything that I see, and I respect everybody's work.

BUT ... if you post it/upload it it's up for grabs. Use a watermark, a good one, if you want to make things a little more complicated, but even then your work is not 100% safe.  :)

Ohhhh....   I see.  I was looking at it.  Looks pretty good.  I like it. Wouldn't ever use it though.  Not unless he says yea, go ahead. But I don't really have a need for it.  It does look good though.

Thanks Cag. :) I know, it's a very specialized market, definitely not mainstream but those who like it will love it! :) I like your workspace btw, nice and neat. Photos of mine coming soon.

-Response to others....Yeah downloading is no big deal. I mean a picture is there, it's going to be downloaded. I think the real issue we're talking about is copyright infringement, whether it's some artist somewhere or Disney....the rule-of-thumb is that it's safer and better to just create your own work, or, hire an artist to create 'work for hire' which you will then OWN. :D Then, you can sell that graphic forever. I offer work-for-hire service at 50 bucks and hour, but I quote flat rates before jobs start based on estimated work-time....nobody likes surprises in that regard hehe.

If I weren't an artist, I'd do exactly that..hire some young college-kid or something to draw for me, but specify contractually that it's 'work for hire' and that I own it in perpetuity on payment. Most artists won't give a rip about a graphic they create specifically for you, so it works out for both parties.

Here's my workspace. The vinyl-organizer thingie is from Ordway, really handy. I love how my LP24 matches the room (red walls and carpet). The synth for those wondering is a Virus Indigo II RedBack. :)

Workspace_01.jpg

Workspace_02.jpg

Cool man.  You have a gold single.  Where you at one time a one hit wonder?  :thumbsup::):D

I'm kidding.  I like the color scheme goin on there.  My wife would have my balls if I did that to a room.  I'm envious.

Cool man.  You have a gold single.  Where you at one time a one hit wonder?  :thumbsup::):D

I'm kidding.  I like the color scheme goin on there.  My wife would have my balls if I did that to a room.  I'm envious.

No worries, my wife keeps my balls in a jar on the fireplace mantle, I'd just go ahead and do it if I were you seeing as how she already owns them.  :)

Cool man.  You have a gold single.  Where you at one time a one hit wonder?  :) :) :D

I'm kidding.  I like the color scheme goin on there.  My wife would have my balls if I did that to a room.  I'm envious.

Oh lol no that was just a Karaoke competition I won, but yeah it looks like a gold-record from that distance I guess. I do have an album out tho under the artist name 'NukleoN' at Amazon, iTunes, etc. Working on a follow-up.

I love the color...before i moved in, painted it myself with primer and two coats...omg lot of work (over blue). Had Empire do the carpet in red and it matched perfectly. Now I just need more stuff on the walls. :)

Cool man.  You have a gold single.  Where you at one time a one hit wonder?  :D:):D

I'm kidding.  I like the color scheme goin on there.  My wife would have my balls if I did that to a room.  I'm envious.

Oh lol no that was just a Karaoke competition I won, but yeah it looks like a gold-record from that distance I guess. I do have an album out tho under the artist name 'NukleoN' at Amazon, iTunes, etc. Working on a follow-up.

I love the color...before i moved in, painted it myself with primer and two coats...omg lot of work (over blue). Had Empire do the carpet in red and it matched perfectly. Now I just need more stuff on the walls. :)

Dude.  That office ROCKS. I am envious.  And as far as your album goes.  You should post a link to some samples if you have it.  I have allot of people in the music industry that can do some promoting for ya.

I have free samples but my music site is down while I re-build. I have samples at Myspace tho. www.myspace.com/nukleon. The songs 'Win or Crash' and 'Denied' are on the upcoming CD. I'll be promoting the next CD for sure, and thanks! At least I can make some decals to go along with the next CD. :thumbsup: I'll be in touch when promotion time comes for sure.

The rest of the office is PC, couch, music equipment and a vocal booth. I think I've packed about everything in it that I can hehe.

Woot...I finally got more vinyl colors too...my vinyl wall looked so sad with only 3-colors hehe. It's amazing how pricey the specialty stuff is!

Dude.  That office ROCKS. I am envious.  And as far as your album goes.  You should post a link to some samples if you have it.  I have allot of people in the music industry that can do some promoting for ya.

A HUGE MESS !  :thumbsup:

This is all happening FAST, bought the cutter, software, a inventory of Vinyl on the way, updating a bunch of software , trying to learn it all is the Hardest part.

I have a back room on the house (No basement just a crawl space under the house) and my heated and ac'ed 22'x24' garage is Full of woodworking equiptment, new and vintage machines I collect.

Anyways the back room is 12'x16' and was one of those rooms that grew into a room over the years by previous owners of our house, starting life as a back porch, screened in room, turned into a 3 season room, and before my injury a few years ago I tore it apart removing the 3 walls of those crappy joulosy windows (10) that leaked air like crazy. (4" wide slated glass windows that cranked open) NOT a good choice for windows here in Chicago!

I tore them all out and put 2 new dbl glazed windows in and an opening octogon window in by my desk and vinyl sided the outside walls adding 2" pink foam insulation on the outside.

Got injured and had a few surgeries so never got around to finishing the inside of the room, my desk and the kids computer desks a TV and a small fireplace reside back here.

But the unfinished room has become the catch all room for all things unwanted but to good to toss out. :-[

I am trying to learn software programs sift through the mess and finish ripping out the paneling on the walls to reinsulate them and drywall/paint them.

I have one of those large corner style desks that the corner is Raised up and your monitor sits just above your PC tower with an access in the desktop that allows the PC to sit directly in front of you with access to the drives.

I have three 19" LCD monitors setup on a MoView Triple monitor stand.

Bought my 19"ers right before the Wide format ones came down in price.

I just setup a second PC Dedicated to all things Graphics, Photos, HD Video. with a new 24" Widescreen LCD monitor for it.

My desk is a complete Mess after moving everything around to also fit that monitor on my desk, I have ALOT of work ahead of me here.

Winter plan is to get the walls fully tore out and add all new insulation as one of the previous owners stapled the insulation in the wall cavities not on the edges along the studs to keep it Fluffy, but to the wall board crushing the insulation down to nothing, leaving about a Zero R factor.  :-[

For now heres a pic of the Triple monitors, once the room is nearing completion I will post picks of the hole Office it should become.

TRIPLES.jpg

I am into Vintage Delta woodworking machines as a hobby and the screens reflect that. :thumbsup:

Did some rearranging this weekend, have a hole for my new piece of equipment which comes in later this coming week.  ;D

Space is minimal but, i get big things done  ;D

post-3907-12986546349338_thumb.jpg

post-3907-12986546350704_thumb.jpg

post-3907-12986546360765_thumb.jpg

post-3907-12986546361358_thumb.jpg

Did some rearranging this weekend, have a hole for my new piece of equipment which comes in later this coming week.  ;D

guest you are going to so love that eco sol printer! he he

guest you are going to so love that eco sol printer! he he

I keep telling you guys it's not a wide format printer, times are still tough so a $10,000 machine isn't in the books yet lol

You'll see

Guest fivestar

You're not getting an SP300i  ;D  I swore you was.

:thumbsup: Hey don't laugh I actually pick up my vinyl in a smart car. Almost the same size heh.

I know! he found a way to cut down on his delivery costs:

izip-tricruiser-adult-bicycle-topview-photo.jpg

I though about getting me a bicycle..but couldn't figure out where to put the step-stool I'd need to get off and on and I'm sure not riding a girls' bike.

You're not getting an SP300i  :thumbsup:   I swore you was.

Nope. Who told you that? I don't remember ever talking to you lol

Guest fivestar

You're not getting an SP300i  :thumbsup:   I swore you was.

Nope. Who told you that? I don't remember ever talking to you lol

Oh we never talked......I just had a vision that you was getting an SP300i.

Guest kenya

After seeing ClawGFX's workarea, I thought of this thread.

This topic hasn't had a post in 120 days......

let's start it back up for the newbies.

Here's my mess.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

post-0-12986550904463_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986550904819_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986550917239_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986550917445_thumb.jpg