Creakhead

Whats your workspace look like?

I have been looking for a new desk since getting my pcut-25", silly me not getting a stand. Anyways I was at IKEA and found this nice desk with a glass window built in it, perfect for weeding  :lol:!! Anyways I put the pcut on my old side table so far it looks like this will work out nicly. 

I was looking for any other ideas to improve the setup, whats your cutting room look like?

Also a side question, does anyone have issues when printing a sign longer then like 5" that the vinyl gets stuck on the bottom lip of the cutter and starts to curl up? Any solutions to fix that? My best guess is just put some tape over it.

Thanks & Happy New Year!

post-1554-1298651449454_thumb.jpg

post-1554-12986514494908_thumb.jpg

post-1554-12986514511616_thumb.jpg

post-1554-12986514511881_thumb.jpg

Guest Terry

Built a room in my basement. Pull your cutter away from the wall when cutting LONG graphics or the vinyl bunches up behind it and travels. Or feed it from the front.

post-0-12986514496229_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986514512466_thumb.jpg

Mine is just my bedroom with the plotter on one side and a table with a heat press on the other.

Creak,

I like that table. Mind if I ask what you paid?

It was

$90 - top

$60 for both legs, they can adjust so it can be made into a drafting table. My only concern about this is because of this the table top just sits in 2 pin holes for the top of each leg, but its decently stable.

$4 for clamp light

Just finished up a new desk out in the shop, needed some more counter space for weeding and a more comfortable mousing area  :lam:.

I had to cut "6 1/4 off my stand to get it underneath the table but is a must as it shares space with the rest of my hobbies :-)

post-748-12986515636486_thumb.jpg

post-748-12986515636852_thumb.jpg

post-748-12986515646394_thumb.jpg

post-748-12986515646652_thumb.jpg

looks cozy, I could spend days out in the shop if they would just let me :rockon: :rockon:

Heres what I got going on. I little messy in the picture but why lie!

you think that is messy? Wait til I post mine tonight.

Nice set up UpNorth!

The house I am in now is small, no garage  :'(  :'(  :'(

So all my stuff is in the bedroom!  :lol:

well here it is...computers and cutter are on one side of the basement in an alcove, work table on the other side. Didn't take any pics of the vinyl racks.

Nice set up UpNorth!

The house I am in now is small, no garage  :'(  :'(  :'(

So all my stuff is in the bedroom!  :lol:

Same here!

We have a 30x40 garage but it's not heated so that won't work for us right now. 

This just proves no matter what your set up, good work can come from it!!!  :lol:

Jenny

before I moved up here, my shop was heated by a wood burning stove. I produced enough backing paper from the vinyl, cardboard rolls, etc... to heat the shop until about noon,then a chunk of wood would keep it warm the rest of the day. BEST part was, it really cut down on the amount of trash I had to haul away.And I even made coffee in an old-style stove-top perculator that I got at a yard sale for 50 cents.

• Like 1

John,John,John how can you have a drum set just sitting there collecting dust ......I have played for 12 years nice to see another drummer as well as a cutter !!! 

I have a 7 peice Pearl Export Series ..with Zildjian Cymbals..... A way of life for me ..

drum.gif

Banner you need a kvm switch, you have more cpu's than NASA. Anyway here is my partner's and mine

post-1385-12986515680873_thumb.jpg

post-1385-12986515681909_thumb.jpg

post-1385-12986515693628_thumb.jpg

post-1385-12986515694499_thumb.jpg

John,John,John how can you have a drum set just sitting there collecting dust ......I have played for 12 years nice to see another drummer as well as a cutter !!! 

I have a 7 peice Pearl Export Series ..with Zildjian Cymbals..... A way of life for me ..

drum.gif

Bear...the heads aren't dusty! The part of the basement behind the drums is unfinished and just dirt. I gave up trying to dust the kit a long time ago. I give it a dusting when I'm not busy (lol when is that,you ask?)

I play every night or when the old lady up the street comes to visit ( not for her enjoyment)

I played in a band in the late 60's early 70's and hadn't played in 25 years til I bought a new kit for myself on the occasion of my 50th birthday.

Banner you need a kvm switch, you have more cpu's than NASA. Anyway here is my partner's and mine

I bouight a KVM switch when the library had their anual surplus sale. Used it for one day. I like having everything up at once. I am often working on and cutting with both cutters at the same time.

Anyway, I was a computer tech for years and it is still my hobby. A lot of what you see are comps that I bought at yardsales,fixed up,and are waiting for me to find a use for. The one in  my work area is only used for listening to music and podcasts. Sometimes watching youtube.