Creakhead

Whats your workspace look like?

Wow, you don't mess around...Very nice.  I also loved your granddaughter dancing.  So cute...

Denny

This is where all the magic happens. For the vinyl that is. :-X

post-5792-12986543314169_thumb.jpg

post-5792-12986543314495_thumb.jpg

post-5792-1298654331481_thumb.jpg

post-5792-129865433297_thumb.jpg

post-5792-12986543329956_thumb.jpg

post-5792-12986543330198_thumb.jpg

if your implying that I'm neat.  HA!  You should see the other side of the room.  :-X  Its a train wreck.

if your implying that I'm neat.  HA!  You should see the other side of the room.  :-X  Its a train wreck.

well at least you took the time to clean before you took the picture.

Hey if you wanna get rid of that big CRT monitor..I have bought 2 15" flat panels at yard sales for $20 each this season..they are starting to show up. People are upgrading to larger ones.

Thanks.  I'll have to keep that in mind about the monitors. I can't really complain about this CRT.  I've had it for about 2 years bought it for $5 at a yard sale. It's hooked up to my streaming PC.  And that's all it does, is monitors the web cam, and my chat room.  I've got a 42" monitor up top that I use for all my graphics.  I just don't have the room in front of me for it.  I think once I get everything relocated to my shop, I'll have room for it.

I should have photos of my vinyl rack that I'm having made off the idea that pitkin made. The guy at work doing it for me had a idea and after cutting it out routed all the edges down and is going to put some luan on the sides and cut PVC to fit perfectly and put some braces in the back so I can mount it anywhere.

I told him he didn't have to get too fancy but he wanted to do it up for me since I did the vinyl for his truck to advertise his business.

Hopefully by this weekend I'll have photos to share!!

cheers bigfoot looks like mine is going to be shown up again lol, oh well back to the drawing board the next one will have to electronic arms to load the rolls on and off the rack and on to the cutter lol

Deffo get some pics bigfoot when you get it up :)

You got the creative juices flowing!! If it wasn't for your design I would have never thought of that!! Thanks again for posting yours and the extra photos!!

This just gives you something to plan to do to add some extras to yours!!

Thanks.  I'll have to keep that in mind about the monitors. I can't really complain about this CRT.  I've had it for about 2 years bought it for $5 at a yard sale. It's hooked up to my streaming PC.  And that's all it does, is monitors the web cam, and my chat room.  I've got a 42" monitor up top that I use for all my graphics.  I just don't have the room in front of me for it.  I think once I get everything relocated to my shop, I'll have room for it.

Interesting third pic. :thumbsup:

LOL !!

What I see is yur post of your picture displayed in a browser window. If you look closely, you will see the Internet Explorer address bar. Beside, as I posted before, since you offerred it for download, it would be difficult to prove he had it illegally unless he is selling it. The only way a person can view the images you post online (here or anywhere else) is for that image to be downloaded onto the individual's computer. So, in effect, you posted the image and invited others to download it onto their computer. Relax. You're getting all carried away with this copyright stuff. Sounds like the RIAA chasing after college kids for downloading a song.

Charlie

Sorry, I may have over-reacted. I've already had one copyright scare in the short time I've been on this forum, I am fighting a huge virus on my main machine (my headspace is a little frazzled) and I haven't been able to look at this closely enough or sharpen the image in Photoshop.

I've edited my post since I probably did over-react. Downloading is one thing (not an issue) but copyright infringement is another matter. Thankfully it appears I mis-read the situation.

Thanks for clarifying this.

NukleoN

LOL !!

What I see is yur post of your picture displayed in a browser window. If you look closely, you will see the Internet Explorer address bar. Beside, as I posted before, since you offerred it for download, it would be difficult to prove he had it illegally unless he is selling it. The only way a person can view the images you post online (here or anywhere else) is for that image to be downloaded onto the individual's computer. So, in effect, you posted the image and invited others to download it onto their computer. Relax. You're getting all carried away with this copyright stuff. Sounds like the RIAA chasing after college kids for downloading a song.

Charlie

No problem. If I saw someone posting/selling/editting your image, I would be raising cain with them, but this time it was an honest mistake. Nobody here would put up with someone skeefing your art. And most here would recognize it.

Charlie

I just tried to upload some pics of my setup here and it won't let me. Is the file upload broken again?

Charlie

I can't upload the pics, so there are links to them at the end of the post.

I work out of my living room and dining room. I design on the media pc and transfer the final product via network to my laptop that is connected to the cutter. While it does set one up for a lot of distractions, the monitor rocks!

Link to picture 1: http://www.southernsignworks.net/pic1.jpg

Link to picture 2: http://www.southernsignworks.net/pic2.jpg

Charlie

What resolution are you using on that TV ?

I just bought a HP 24" and I need to mount it somewhere, too close when sitting on my desk.

Using a really low res. I don't remember right now (at the laptop - folks like to actually watch tv on the tv occassionally). I think it was 800x600 or something. I'll check later.

Charlie

I just checked - It is set at 1024 x 768. I think I had it lower than that at one time, but the wide screen format on the tv kept messing things up.

Charlie

You're right. I'd like to think we'd all stick together....like vinyl to an x-acto blade! :) This forum has been a huge help to me being a vinyl noob! Workspace photos coming soon (re-organizing the studio after my virus-killing disaster recovery).  :thumbsup:

No problem. If I saw someone posting/selling/editting your image, I would be raising cain with them, but this time it was an honest mistake. Nobody here would put up with someone skeefing your art. And most here would recognize it.

Charlie

Thanks.  I'll have to keep that in mind about the monitors. I can't really complain about this CRT.  I've had it for about 2 years bought it for $5 at a yard sale. It's hooked up to my streaming PC.  And that's all it does, is monitors the web cam, and my chat room.  I've got a 42" monitor up top that I use for all my graphics.  I just don't have the room in front of me for it.  I think once I get everything relocated to my shop, I'll have room for it.

Interesting third pic. :)

I don't get it.. :thumbsup:

Ohhhh....  I see.  I was looking at it.  Looks pretty good.  I like it. Wouldn't ever use it though.  Not unless he says yea, go ahead. But I don't really have a need for it.  It does look good though.

• Like 1