Creakhead

Whats your workspace look like?

Man, everyone is lucky. I am confined to my room, which s only 10 x 8. Sometimes I'll bleed my extra supplies into the family room and hide them behind a couch, haha.

Heres mine...its a 9x10 room and is very cramped. Heat press is in the garage for two reasons...no room in the office, and it throws the breaker if used in this room. I've just got two embroidery machines that get the job done, my anajet dtg printer that is new and i plan on getting it up and running soon, some t-shirt vinyl and sign vinyl, and the refine mh721 (best 275 dollars i ever spent on ebay)......oh, cant forget to mention the 26" sanyo for design work.

post-2265-12986537638508_thumb.jpg

post-2265-12986537638992_thumb.jpg

post-2265-12986537639423_thumb.jpg

post-2265-12986537647574_thumb.jpg

post-2265-12986537647899_thumb.jpg

post-2265-12986537648224_thumb.jpg

Gsxr, I hope you live somewhere warm with no insulation on those walls!  :lol:

Pitkin I love the rack setup!! That is a very good idea. I've been checking out the different ways everyone has theirs and I like that one a lot!!!

You could unroll what you need, cut it off and be done with it!!

• Like 1

Pitkin I love the rack setup!! That is a very good idea. I've been checking out the different ways everyone has theirs and I like that one a lot!!!

+1 :thumbsup:

yeah i am well happy with that, it took about 2 hours to make, i still need more rods but it was well worth the effort as i had them stood in boxes before taking space, now they are out the way its full now as well 17 rolls lol

It looks like you used a 2x4 board. Is that correct??

I got a guy I work with at my "Day Job" that does woodworking. Looks like I have a project for him!!!

I also like your app tape dispenser! Do you have a drawing of that design? or up close photos?

It looks like you used a 2x4 board. Is that correct??

I got a guy I work with at my "Day Job" that does woodworking. Looks like I have a project for him!!!

I also like your app tape dispenser! Do you have a drawing of that design? or up close photos?

I would also like to know how the dispenser was made. It sure is diff to deal w a lg roll of app tape w/o a dispenser :-

the application tape holder is shite you dont want to copy that lol, the vinyl rack was 4 x 2 timber with 25mm holes drilled every 8cm, and the jigsawed out at an angle then i have used poles and broom handles for the roll holders, if i were to do it again i would leave the spaces atleast 10cm instead of 8cm or even 12-14cm as the rolls that are on at the moment are only 5mtr, if you have bigger rolls every other slot would be redundant.  I would also use 6 inch wood rather than 4.  If you have a router you could make it so much nicer and just route in the slot with a depth of about an inch, but i wasn't worried about it looking pretty lol

The application tape is simpley 4 x 2 screwed to a board with two holes drilled through and a copper pipe through the holes, with some walking stick feet on the end of the copper pipe to stop it slipping out, problem is the roll doesn't roll very freely or smoothly its very jerky, i am going to try it again my putting a 2nd bar in this time and some inserts of plastic pipe in the holes of the wood and so it spins more freely, i'll get some close up pics this weekend though, but it was a hashed job which took all of 5 mins lol

Thanks Pitkin, I appreciate the specs. that should work perfect and much better than having the rolls under foot

thanks, i was only trying to get something up for pennies so my rolls were not sitting around in boxes taking up floor space, i will put some pics up later this weekend so you can see it a bit closer

ok as promised some close ups, not great as my phones camera isnt the best,

As you can see from the side of the vinyl holder i simply drilled a 25mm hole then drew 2 lines at 55' DEG and jigsawed it out so the hole was made into a slot, all i then used was some old broom handles, dowels and pipes for the roll holder, pretty simple really, then just screwed to the board at the back.  You could make it freestanding if you had a big plate/sheet of wood at the bottom

post-5733-12986543005294_thumb.jpg

post-5733-12986543005642_thumb.jpg

post-5733-12986543005981_thumb.jpg

post-5733-12986543006555_thumb.jpg

post-5733-12986543017781_thumb.jpg

post-5733-1298654301804_thumb.jpg

post-5733-12986543018319_thumb.jpg

post-5733-12986543018573_thumb.jpg

Thanks a bunch Pitkin, that is def my next project. Looks nice and clean plus gets the vinyl/boxes off the floor :lol:

Well, I couldn't wait for your pics, darn it...Mine is almost dry and ready to hang on the wall. I did paint it to match the wall since it's in a bedroom.

Thought I'd go all out. Couldn't figure how to take the router off the table, so just skipped that step and hand sanded a little. I'll post a pic if it stays on the wall. Thanks again for the idea! Sandy

Well, I couldn't wait for your pics, darn it...Mine is almost dry and ready to hang on the wall. I did paint it to match the wall since it's in a bedroom.

Thought I'd go all out. Couldn't figure how to take the router off the table, so just skipped that step and hand sanded a little. I'll post a pic if it stays on the wall. Thanks again for the idea! Sandy

excellent get some pics up

well, rack is still on the wall so all is good. I had to clean one side of the room to take a pic, then shove everything to the other side to take other pics.lol  BUT NOW IT'S CLEAN!  My husband says he'll give me a day to get it back like it was though. I love the rack! I need to buy 6 more pieces of the conduit for the rack, but all the vinyl is off the floor. I wish I'd spaced the 2 sides of the rack far enough apart to put a 30 in. roll though. I've got a few really wide rolls that couldn't fit.