bobabuee

Instructions on Contour Cutting with Video

need to have some instruction on countor cutting ,got laserpoint only for this  how do i do it ?i downloaded the reivision dont see anything about countor cutting ?help

let me try...

step 1: you open your SignBlazer program.

step 2a: import your artwork (if it's done on a different program: eps, jpg, tiff) or

step 2b: just work your design within the SignBlazer

step 3: IMPORTANT: put a cut mask around your artwork (basically this mask is the cutting line)

step 4: from SignBlazer, you print your design into your coloured printer using your preferred medium and IMPORTANT: print it with registration marks.

step 5: feed the printed artwork into your LaserPoint cutter

step 6: on the SignBlazer Program you hit FILE....CUT A PRINT... and a windows pops up.

step 7: read the instructions (it will ask you to jog to the right so just align the laserbeam on the right registration mark)

step 8: hit next

step 9: read the instructions (it will ask you to jog to the left so just align the laserbeam on the left registration mark)

step 10: hit next

step 11: at this point just hit CUT.

....... it should cut right away.

NOTES: 1: do your jogging within the SignBlazer

2: make sure you have the latest version of the program.

3: Bruce from signblazer is watching this forum so help is on a standby :lol:

Here are some instructions on doing contour cutting with the LaserPoint cutter using SignBlazer Elements.

1) Setting up a contour and printing: http://www.signblazer.net/images/client/LaserPoint%20printing.htm

2) Positioning the print in the cutter: http://www.signblazer.net/images/client/IMG_3600.JPG

3) Cutting the print: http://www.signblazer.net/images/client/LaserPoint%20cutting.htm

A raster image, such as a bitmap, needs to be vectorized before it is cuttable. Should be a few posts in the SignBlazer category about vectorizing.

Hello

I am still strugging to get this program to accept or cut my image. I have tried two different set, and used the video but i am having no luck.

Please Help

Cello

281-300-4542

Hello

I am still strugging to get this program to accept or cut my image. I have tried two different set, and used the video but i am having no luck.

Please Help

Cello

281-300-4542

Were you ever able to get it figured out?

In most graphic programs the line tool will allow you to choose a wide variety of different line types, among those are dotted or perforated lines. By using your graphics program (Corel Inkscape, Arts & Letters, etc) you can create the line in the exact shape you need it and then save it/export it as eps and open it in SBE or SC, and cut.

Hope this offers another avenue.

This all works good if you are printing 8.5x11 but what if you print bigger stuff like 24x36 or bigger? I have had no luck getting an accurate cut when I do the steps above. If you print anything bigger when you close the print page to get to the cut a print page the size of the registration mark page setup changes back to defalt. What am I doing wrong?

This all works good if you are printing 8.5x11 but what if you print bigger stuff like 24x36 or bigger? I have had no luck getting an accurate cut when I do the steps above. If you print anything bigger when you close the print page to get to the cut a print page the size of the registration mark page setup changes back to defalt. What am I doing wrong?

You need to go to Print, then Setup and click on Configure Printer. This is where you set the media type size I think.

Also, as an update. After testing and some help from swaneejaggalo, I have been successful in contour plotting with the LP and SignBlazer. I have also had success in aligning the plot when it was off with the default settings. This can be done by dialing it in with the redeye offset values.

Step by step to come soon.

Main thing I was missing was how to setup the cut mask properly.

Contour Cutting with SignBlazer and the LaserPoint

1. Select your vectorized graphic in Signblazer, then go to manipulate and click on Expand/Outline/Inline. Select Outline, and make sure Keep Original is the only option checked. Set the Offset to 0.00, and then choose the thickness of the contour line (how far away from the graphic you want the contour line to be). I use 0.40 for most testing, but it can be set to whatever you want. Click OK.

2. Now that your contour line has been created, you will need to select the contour line (not the whole graphic), then go back to Manipulate, and then click on Cut Mask On/ Off.

3. Click File, then Print. Go to Regist., and select the bottom two corner marks. Click OK. Now click Print.

4. Get the document from your printer and load it in the LaserPoint cutter with the registration marks at the front just barely sticking out to the cutting strip.

5. Click Finish. Now go to File, then click Cut a Print. Click Cut. Use the onscreen buttons with your mouse, or the keyboard number pad to jog the laser to the right side registration mark. Once it is in the middle of the right mark, click Next. Now jog the laser to the middle of the left registration mark, and click Next.

6. Now click Cut, and the LaserPoint should start cutting the contour you created around your graphic. If it is out of alignment, you can adjust the Redeye offset values for the X or Y axis. It may take a few runs to get it dialed in.

:thumbsup:;D Thanks Ken!  I"m finally beginning to contour print....just need to tweek some things.

I followed the instructions to a T - - I even had Levih walk me through it once the other day.  It cut when he tried, but it will not budge for me. 

Heres what I've done - -

Contour Cutting with SignBlazer and the LaserPoint

1. Select your vectorized graphic in Signblazer, then go to manipulate and click on Expand/Outline/Inline. Select Outline, and make sure Keep Original is the only option checked. Set the Offset to 0.00, and then choose the thickness of the contour line (how far away from the graphic you want the contour line to be). I use 0.40 for most testing, but it can be set to whatever you want. Click OK.

2. Now that your contour line has been created, you will need to select the contour line (not the whole graphic), then go back to Manipulate, and then click on Cut Mask On/ Off.

3. Click File, then Print. Go to Regist., and select the bottom two corner marks. Click OK. Now click Print.

4. Get the document from your printer and load it in the LaserPoint cutter with the registration marks at the front just barely sticking out to the cutting strip.

5. Click Finish. Now go to File, then click Cut a Print. Click Cut. Use the onscreen buttons with your mouse, or the keyboard number pad to jog the laser to the right side registration mark. Once it is in the middle of the right mark, click Next. Now jog the laser to the middle of the left registration mark, and click Next.

6. Now click Cut, <-------- (HERES WHERE MY PROBLEM IS)

When I click cut - nothing happens!!  I'm getting a little frustrated

I've tried restarting SBE numerous times, and have even restarted the plotter and my computer a couple times -- I'm really stumped, can anyone help me?

Ok, i got it cutting - i had to play with the cutline a little bit - the mask has to be on before it will cut, but i have to delete every layer from my image except for the cut line otherwise it cuts every line in the image.  im trying my first transfer now, ill let u know how it turns out.

Good evening Ken

We just recieved our lp from you and are able to get to print and cut

We then hit the cut key and all we recieve is a unrecoverable error has occured.Do you want to save your work.

We have tried 7 times and recieved the the same message any idea of help.

Thank You

Darrell

kearn

Good evening Ken

We just recieved our lp from you and are able to get to print and cut

We then hit the cut key and all we recieve is a unrecoverable error has occured.Do you want to save your work.

We have tried 7 times and recieved the the same message any idea of help.

Thank You

Darrell

kearn

I get the same error message

Usually get these errors when there is a problem with the file. I assume you are both following the step by step instructions listed above?

Usually get these errors when there is a problem with the file. I assume you are both following the step by step instructions listed above?

I am. I followed everything and it worded until I got to the cut a print part. Now I can tell you that I was not doing this connected to my cutter. This was just a test run. I am going to test that next.

Got it. I just needed to connect it to the cutter. I have almost successfully contour cut. I just have to tweek the numbers. The only problem I am having is that only 1/2 of the right registration mark prints. Is there a way to fix that.

Thanks