deth502

screen printing for dummies.

although making my own is very tempting, i think ill go with buying one for the press. although, if i could get some good pics of the working parts........

these were just practice. i was looking for something kind of simple to start with, and i have that eps file as that is one of the decals i make.

i have not washed yet, but i have my fingers crossed that the ink works, as they are in with my laundry, and if not, all of my cloths will end up purple, lol.

and i noticed about the scrubbing. as i thinik i mentioned, i was in one spot trying to get it to come off for a while, then when it started moving, it ALL started moving.

drying wasnt an issue. probably since i was doing such a small run, it was all over before anything really had a chance to dry. in the future, if im making more than 4 shirts, ill have to be more careful of it.

Deth,

Did you wash the t-shirts already? I would recommend you pull them out and wash them separate. I know they may look dry, but that doesn't mean anything.

Even after doing many t-shirts, every now and then I skip a step, or forget to lower the the speed on the conveyor dryer. A huge amount of ink comes out. It's almost like I didn't even cure them. Much of the ink on the t-shirt looks good, but you can see where it wash out.

Also, if you buy a press, the guy I bought one from makes a great machine, here in the US and pretty cheap if you ask me.

not yet. the laundry usually sits for about a week and a half till the hampers full. hmmm, maybe i should do them separate....

so when would it be beneficial to just use vinyl instead of making an actual screen up like i did?

Names, Small quantity orders, one offs. screen printing is for large orders. We do anything over 12 as screen printed. If the customer really wants a one off screen printed shirt we will gladly do that also but the price scares them away.

I'm surprised that came out as well as it did.

I didn't see any offset adjustments.

He didn't do much of a Flooding, just print, and his angle looked way to low.

However, the design came out great.