Sign in to follow this  
buddy

Dodge wrap

Here is a van I wrapped...forgot to take a picture of the back with Perf. will do that later. Used white Oracal Cast that worked like a charm!  The back was my challenge as I have never worked with Perforated material before....

Dazzel

post-3647-12986557517357_thumb.jpg

post-3647-12986557538291_thumb.jpg

Not to bad ... guess you need to consider what you had to work with and beings it was a dodge, it turned out pretty good!  :o

:lol:

Not to bad ... guess you need to consider what you had to work with and beings it was a dodge, it turned out pretty good!  :o

:lol:

Careful the MOPAR posse is lurking!  LOL

I was wondering how long it'd be before you slammed me for one of my remarks! :lol:

I was wondering how long it'd be before you slammed me for one of my remarks! :lol:

always with love though :o

I was wondering how long it'd be before you slammed me for one of my remarks! :D

always with love though :D

You must be a heavy equipment operator cause you sure can shovel the shyt!!!  :lol::o;)

HEY...were complimenting ME HERE folks......  :lol: not talking heavey equipment and shyt (whatever that means) lol ;):D :D :D

Yes, seeing's how it was a DODGE it was a challenge as I am a CHEVY GIRL to the CORRRRRRRR!  :o

HEY...were complimenting ME HERE folks......  :lol: not talking heavey equipment and shyt (whatever that means) lol :D :D :D :D

Yes, seeing's how it was a DODGE it was a challenge as I am a CHEVY GIRL to the CORRRRRRRR!  :o

Hey, we took care of the compliments and a few other things, take a chill pill there missy! ;)

Tattoo.dan -

I was VERY nervous on my first install as well, must be why I screwed up 3 times and then the fourth time I went to Max at USCUTTER who is an EXPERT at it and he showed me how to do it...HE---made it look super easy!  I think between it being really cold, using the wrong Laminate (too thick) and it being a Dodge with DEEP curvature on the bottom of the window...and well, NEVER DOING IT BEFORE I had the odds stacked against me.  Max pulled me through though andf I think next time will be much easier! THe trick is to use that soft felt squeegee first and then the rubber one to stake it down!

Dazzel

I only use the felt squeegee. Never had any problems yet....I could see how using a harder squeegee could cause issues...I also use liquid laminate as well, so maybe that's why I have had better luck with the installl. How does the overlaminate you use work when it's raining? I've heard it makes it impairs the vision some...

If perforated film is laminated it really does not matter what squeegee you are using, it only maters how you use it..

So, I use middle hinge And install left side first.

I would not suggest to use wet install for perforated film (laminated) because moisture stays trapped under it. 

Nice work on the lettering BTW

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Neron,

Max used this incrediable technique. He cut the backing down the middle (carefully) while still attached to the perf...this releases the tension and started as you say on the left side (why is that important?)  He had no problems and no bubbles! INCREDIABLE I TELL YOU!!! B)

And what do you mean....doesn't matter what squeegee you are using if laminated....did you read my post :-....THREE TIMES I SCREWED UP because of creases and folds and...and...and  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  All's I can say is practice makes perfect!  Another factor....GREENSTAR LAMINATE....HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! Stay away from it!!! :thumbsup:  Very thick and only works with FLAT SURFACES!

There, my 2 cents!  :rolleyes:

What I meant was that practice is mother of perfection.

Middle hinge is exactly  what Max did, with only difference, I  separate perf before cutting (less room for error)

Lamex 2 mil laminate for perf works great for me (not as good as 3M but price....)

What I meant was that practice is mother of perfection.

Middle hinge is exactly  what Max did, with only difference, I  separate perf before cutting (less room for error)

Lamex 2 mil laminate for perf works great for me (not as good as 3M but price....)

same laminate and same method used here! :thumbsup:

Just finished Chevy blazer , rear and 2 side windows .

Using  lamex laminate and solvex 50/50 for rear window and solvex 70/30 for side windows (customer signed waiver because 70/30  is not for vehicles)

Talking about curve on the window....blazer is ....uf

But install went smooth.

- Dry install

- middle hinge

- blue 3M squeegee

post-2556-12986557727807_thumb.jpg

post-2556-12986557746124_thumb.jpg

Neron that looks AMAZING...why may I ask would he request 70/30 and if not intended for vehicles then what? Boats?

Did you do the design?

I LOVE IT!

Neron that looks AMAZING...why may I ask would he request 70/30 and if not intended for vehicles then what? Boats?

Did you do the design?

I LOVE IT!

It's not intended for vehicles for safety purposes. It is intended for store windows and such as it has fewer holes and more printable area, which equals better looking image(i am sure that is why he wanted it) but less visibility. I use it on vehicles a lot, still pretty easy to see out, but neron is right to have them sign for liability purposes in case of an accident...

Good to know Tattoo-Dan-the-Man  :thumbsup:  See, I am learning sompin' new everyday  :thumbsup: