Sign in to follow this  
buddy

First Double sided Banner I made

Here is the first ever double sided banner I made this weekend.  It really makes a difference as to the KIND of material you use. This material is GreenStar Satin and it's too thin if you ask me.  Anyone know of a Better Digiatal Banner material out there they use that's not OVER MY HEAD price wise?

[/img]

DAZZEL

I haven't posted a picture on this in a while so I hope it shows

post-3647-12986557512464_thumb.jpg

post-3647-12986557533915_thumb.jpg

i use jetflex i think it's like 160 for a 54" x 50yrd roll. great job on the print!

Fellers house brand "Peak"  is all  i've been using in last year and half.

38"x40 yards $60

54"X40 yards $87.00

Jfought, I heard some good things about jetflex, I might have to check it out!

Neron how is that house blend working for you?  Is it thick and workable?  I was using the GreenStar stuff and although it's nice and thin, its really only for indoors and one sided, otherwise you see right through it!  How often do people really do double sided banners anymore?, I dont know if it's worth buying 50yrd or not!

Thanks Bay  :lol:

Peak is only brand I'm using , never had single problem with.

It's 13OZ I had one on my porch for 17 month, still looks great.

Peak is what I use too....Want double sided? I print two and hem and grommet them together. Works great! :thumbsup: I can see where it would be nice to print on both sides in some applications, but I haven't had the need yet...

Oh yeah, prints look nice! :thumbsup:

SMART Tattoo...but I would think that would be too thick not to mention your using more material that way!  The double sided print is awsome, just need the right material for it!

Aw, the trails and errors of our PRINTY WAYS!  :thumbsup:

Usage of more material (peak) is still more cost effective than double sided banner, not to mention less chances for screw up.

It happened to me a few times before I decided not to print double sided.

What happen was I printed first side perfect than on another side had mishap and ......start over again.

Just my 2 cents.

Neron-

The first time I did one it came out perfect except for a HUMAN ERROR....On Versaworks you are suppose to "get media width" and I didn't do so on the second side so came out 2" shorter than the first side  :'(  To align them I simply put tape on the tops and sides of the baner edge (corners only) at STARTING LINE...printed one side...cut...flipped it over and then aligned second side to those edges of tape...worked like a charm!  I got the idea from someone on here who posted that a while ago!  Hopefully I dont have to do many of them though cause it was scary....I HATE wasting material!!! :'( :'( :'(

FYI Neron....2 cents are better than no cents  :thumbsup: