Jive

MH-721 having issues cutting small text

Hello all!  I have a MH-721 plotter that works great so far, the only issue I am having is that when I print text, like txt around 1" tall or so, the cuts do not complete most of the time, and I end up pulling the letters up when trying to weed.  It's almost like the cutter isn't coming all the way around where it started the cut.  Is this something I can adjust somehow?  Or just the nature of the beast?

Jive

depending on which software you are using there should be an 'overcut' feature somewhere. Or something similar..it should be checked.

Thanks!  I am using, for now, the Signblazer Elements software that came with it.  I'll see if anything is in there.

Jive

I`m having the same issue when cutting 1" text , even with the 60 degree blade . In the setup menu on the cutter there is no selection for offset . I finally found the right speed and force so it won`t pull up the text but some letters it does not cut all the wayand need an xacto to trim it off . 

Found out the offset is set in SignBlazer, not on the plotter.  I set mine to 0.30 and it seems to be much better, still catches on some things, but not like it used to.

Jive

Where do you set the offset at in SB ? I been looking through and must be missing it .

Thanks

go to the cut screen then click set up you will find it there

Yep, what he said!

Jive

see if theres 2 times overlay the same text, which blade do you use? 45 or 60?

and it also depends the thickness os the word in the text, even a brand plotter sometimes cannot do the cut if it is a small thickness.

if the thickness is small then 2mm you can have that problem, if you have Corel Draw program you can enlarge the thickness with the Contour ferrament in the Effects.

for a properly setup blade it should only be exposed 1/2 the thickness of a credit card.

Kevin

or even less - you should barely be able to see the blade!