susies1955

Did I order the wrong thing? I tried calling the company for two days.

Hi Susie :thumbsup:

That doesn't come with the software...you have to buy it seperately!  USCUTTER is closed on the weekends, if you tried calling them Friday are you sure you dialed the right number?  I have seen that little guy in action and it does really well with craft projects, it should come with software but all compnaies sell the software seperatly unless your Microsoft  :thumbsup:

Good Luck

DAZZEL

I guess I ordered the wrong item. I did call them on Friday and they were in an all day meeting.

I tried to get on chat and it wasn't working with my browser so I went back into chat with IE

and no one was available.

SHOOT, I don't want that one without all the stuff included.

Thanks,

Susie

If you have corel draw or adobe illustrator you can download the plug-in (Cutting Master) from graphtec for that cutter to cut directly from those softwares. I believe it comes with ROBO Master (Graphtec's own cutting software).

Hockeygirl,

HUH?

I have Adobe Illustrator but haven't really used it. You're saying all I need is a plug in and that I don't need the software? It looks like this machine though doesn't come with anything.

Thanks,

Susie

You can also download SignBlazer (which is free) and use it. I don't use the software so I don't know if the Silhouette or Craft Robo is in the list of supported cutter. Perhaps someone else can help with that one.

Susie,

US Cutter does not bundle the machine with any additional software, but the cutter itself, should contain Graphtec's own cutting software in the box. Unless US Cutter decides to take out the cutter and sell it by itself without the included accessories that is packaged with the cutter, but I don't see them doing that.

Here's the link to Graphtec's page about this cutter (the craft robo is the same cutter as the silhouette)

http://www.craftrobostore.com/craftrobo.html

The package includes:

Susie alls you need is the machine and the samples they gave you...hockey girl is right...SIGNBLAZER is free, and if you DL the plug-in it should be fine, but I too am not an expert on Plug-ins and what works with it and doesn't.

Someone will chime in to help you I am sure!

Dazzel

Hockeygirl,

Check out the link in my first post. I don't see anything listed like on the other pages. I hope you are right and it comes with what you have listed.

I will have to wait and call them on Monday morning but I bet they ship before I can get to them.

Hey I just found this: http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software.aspx I bet this is what I need for software.

I think I'm confused. LOL.

Susie

Dazzel,

I hope your right. :thumbsup:

THanks

Susie

Hockeygirl,

I hope you are right. The link that I bought doesn't have any of that write up.

We shall see. I've calmed down a little. :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Susie

Susie-

Even if they did ship it you can always send it back and get what you DO want!  I looked at the link and it din't look like it came with everything Hockey Girl mentioned, but maybe they left out the OBVIOUS details :thumbsup: I am going to PM  you right now ok.

Dazzel

Thanks for the PM. I would have to pay to ship back. I will see what they say when I call Mon.

I'm hoping it comes with the list as Hockeygirl said.

Susie

Susie,

Look at this page detailing the contents of the cutter only

http://www.uscutter.com/Graphtec-Quickutz-Silhouette-SD-Craft-Cutter-formerly-CraftROBO_p_1287.html#

It shows the Silhouette installation CD so I think you can sleep well this weekend knowing you are getting the  software -- They call it Silhouette not RoboMaster so maybe you are getting the newest software - if not you can upgrade - not sure if they charge - but I would think not.

Welcome to the forum -- you will have questions once you get the machine.  Let us know how you like it -- I'm thinking of getting my daughter one for Christmas.

-Mike

Mike,

Thanks so much. I'm hoping all is well. I will get a hold of US Cutter Monday and find

out for sure what's what.

I'll sleep better. Thanks for the welcome.

I'll be in touch,

Susie

BannerJohn,

Yes, I saw that link earlier and I use that if I need to. Thanks.

What I'm concerned about is it doesn't list the blade holder with 3 blade caps or the

2 Carrier Sheets or anything but it could be as others have said that it just comes with all of that in the box.

I'll have to see what USCUTTER says Monday.

Thanks a bunch,

Susie

Ok, first off I want to thank everyone for their help on Sat. :o

I just got off the phone with USCutter and the guy (Howard) helped me out so much. He took his time with me asking

questions.

The Silhouette Bundle I bought comes with everything I need and it is the newest SD model.

It looks like I'm going to have a nice Christmas. :lol:)

I'll probably be back with questions at a later time. I'm watching all the youtube videos I can find and reading the manual

that I found on line.

Thanks again,

Susie

Susie -

So glad you had some GREAT help there.....you are on your way to making some fun and exciting things with your new toy  :o

ENJOY sister!

Blessings  :lol:

DAZZEL

Well update time.

I had got nervous about my order on Saturday because I read where it said (Previous Model - Great Price!) The photo showed the Silhouette SD though. I didn't like those "PREVIOUS model" words so I ended up cancelling my order through a ticket and then I called USCutter and spoke to Howard.

I had asked Howard by phone and Tom by email if the Silhouette I was getting was the Silhouette SD as the PHOTO showed and they both assured me it was so the order was placed again. :thumbsup:

I got the cutter today and just as I originally thought. It is the WRONG one. What came was the old Craft Robo.

I got a hold of Levi this time and he said it was a known error with sending the wrong cutter and they were working on getting it fixed. He send me a shipping label to print and have it returned at their cost and they would ship the RIGHT cutter as soon as FedEx picked up my package. :thumbsup:

Even though this whole order has been mixed up and confused I have to say that Howard, Tom and Levi have been great. I wish they would have known the right answer but hey as long as it is getting fixed it is fine. :thumbsup:

I wonder if I'll get it by Christmas. LOL.

Susie

The problem is..tech Support and the shipping department are two separate groups of people. In my opinion, the shipping dept. has been the weak link at USC as long as I can remember. BUT I hear that they are working on it.

Oh I see.

Well it was confusing and I tried hard to get the correct information. They

were all real kind. I hope they get things better organized. :thumbsup:

Susie

Susie Q  :thumbsup:

I don't have a blog...what is that?

BJ is correct...two seperate groups of people, you talked to tech support (Levi is like a little brother to me...LOVE HIM)...not to sure about the shipping dept., there are a whole bunch of new guys in there but they seem to be doing fairly well.  Every time I go in there and "BUG THEM" they have piles and piles of stuff shipping! I wish they would screw up and ship ME something I didn't order!  lol :thumbsup: :thumbsup: