Sign in to follow this  
modeverything

Vinyl width in MH-721 total noob

I just got a MH 721 today i have never even seen a plotter until today so i have no clue what i am doing. i have been reading for hours now. please dont bash for this question but i cant find the answer anwhere.

as of right now i have 1 roll that is 12" wide. the books makes it sound like when you set the pinch rollers the cutter should know the width of the vinyl but thats not working.

How does the cutter know where the vinyl is and what size it is. also does the vynil go in the middle or on the left or right of the cutter? i would guess the middle or left since the blaze cant reach all the way to the right if i put the vinyl butted against the right side then there would be 3" or so of waste every time.

Thanks in advance.

I am using usb to connect and so far have only used signblaze software. it works great just cuts off the vinyl

load your roll of vinyl. Push the "offline" button on the cutter to take it offline, move the cutter head to the bottom right corner of the vinyl (using the arrow keys on the keypad), and press origin button to set the origin.

You'll have to manually enter your vinyl width in your cutting software.

HAHA man is this awesome!! lol thank you so much man. why couldnt it say that in the book anywhere? wow i am going to have so much fun with this thing i feel like a kid christmas morning!! lol This pen attachment is pretty cool!

Thanks again man!!