Sign in to follow this  
Stlouistech

Power?

I am attending a craft fair this coming weekend and I am planning on taking my heat press with me. Can I run this off a heavy duty extension cord, because I am sure they are going to put me a little away from an outlet.

It would need to be a very heavy duty one. Like the kind they make for air conditioners and heaters. If it's not heavy enough, the cord will get very hot.

Did you ask to be closer to an outlet? Sometimes you have to have it installed by the local power company in your name at craft shows.

More than likely you won't but some shows handle it different.

I'd be giving the sponsor's a call.  Some place have strict guidelines, like NO extension cords at all.  Other places don't have a clue and only have a few circuits in the entire room.  You plug in your press and half the vendors may go dark.  Best to check it out before you get there. 

I'd be giving the sponsor's a call.   Some place have strict guidelines, like NO extension cords at all.  Other places don't have a clue and only have a few circuits in the entire room.  You plug in your press and half the vendors may go dark.  Best to check it out before you get there.   

Thanks! Just sent them an E-mail.

St Louis Tech,

How did the Craft Show go last weekend?

Hope all went well.

Did not go very good! Thanks for asking.

because???

No business or the power thing didn't work?

Business, it was horrible.

I don't know if these craft shows are worth attending, I guess it depends on where you are at.

I have attended three different ones and have broke even on each one after paying for rental space.

I have read other posts about craft fair's, I guess everyone has mixed opinions about these.

We used to do craft shows with our sublimation equipment.  We traveled with a diesel RV and a trailer all set up the equipment and a photo booth with green screen.  The summer/fall of 2007 we were netting 3-4K per show.  When we started back up in the spring of 2008, we couldn't even cover fuel costs.  We kept at it all summer but it just got worse.  2007 to 2008 was like someone hit a light switch.  It's no better today.  A friend does craft shows with metal art and he hasn't covered his booth fee on the last two shows.  To add the the lack of sales, the venues want to charge higher vendor fees because there are fewer vendors now.