Sign in to follow this  
NewToSigns

Need an outline pinstripe

Ok here is the file I am working on Below is a picture of what they had another shop do, red letters with a 1/8" gap then a 1/8" silver pinstripe. I have tried in Inkscape for a few hours to make that pinstripe around the letters like on the truck picture. Inkscape wont let me offset or inset. I also have Corel photo paint and draw v13. Is there an easier way in there to do that pinstripe?

post-6202-12986557420159_thumb.jpg

logo1.svg

post-6202-12986557421449_thumb.png

post-6202-12986557434187_thumb.jpg

logo1.svg

post-6202-12986557435233_thumb.png

In SignBlazer it is done with the Manipulate + Expand/Outline/Inline. There is an offset check box. Set the thickenss to .125 and the offset to .125 and you will get what you are looking for.

alright I have imported the file (ai,bmp, eps) I tried and converted several times, I go to switch it to monochrome and it disappears and now matter where I move the bar it wont appear. but I also noticed I can not change the color before I monochrome it either, can someone tell me what I am doing wrong or try it on your computer and let me know what I did wrong.

Thank You For your help!!!

Did you create the lower image. If so, use the same fonts in SignBlazer and create it again. Do the outline techniques on the text. Looks  like Brush Script and Bourgeois Bold?

OH WOW, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP AND VIDEO JAY, IT WAS VERY VERY HELPFUL. The way I was originally doing it was tracing the picture of the door and tracing it in inkscape. But it was not working, I didnt even think about recreating the logo.

Thanks Again Jay!

It it is only text, it is usually easier just to recreate it. If you can find the fonts. To find what font was used you can use whatthefont.com.