cmwyke

Cleaning Van

Looks good! What did ya get for that job? I'd quote around $400

Looks good, I do have one complaint as a bit of a type nerd.

Why did you squish windows? I get that you were trying to justify the list but it kills me that the O is so smashed.

Why did you squish windows? I get that you were trying to justify the list but it kills me that the O is so smashed.

I don't see it

I don't see it

the middle "windows" on the back. the letter are narrower in order to get the word "windows" to be as wide as the words above and below.

personally, i think it looks better aligned like that. cleaner look, sleeker.

To each their own. I have been working on a typeface for over a year now, I'm really picky about stuff like this. I imagine someone smashing my font and watching all of the careful delicate work that was done making everything "perfect" thrown away. Everything that's part of a high quality font is there for readability and style. Squishing it makes it something entirely different.

The rules are there to be broken I suppose. It's just not my style. It's like blowing up copperplate gothic and not reducing the spur serifs.

If someone hadn't mentioned the "O" I would have never noticed. I think it looks great! Nice job!

we actually fought with ourselves over that when we were designing it. In our eyes we had 3 options:

1. What you see above, made the line of text the same height and length, no matter the number of letters.

2. Have the lines of text at different lengths.

3. Have them at different heights.

In the end we thought this method looked best.

Here's a quick throw together so maybe you can see what we saw.

post-8220-12986557357886_thumb.png

post-8220-12986557382978_thumb.png

I would use center Justification.

I think you are referring to "Justified" which spaces the letters evenly regardless of size so it all falls in the same given space.

post-11428-12986557365348_thumb.jpg

post-11428-1298655736589_thumb.jpg

post-11428-12986557388173_thumb.jpg

post-11428-12986557388231_thumb.jpg

Again, I didn't even see it when I first looked at it. I think we have a lot of members with eyes for detail so that is why it was caught. In the future, just use "justified" on your text and it will always fit the space you are working with evenly.

Could you have just put windows in the bottom position, and give it a step kind-of look? I don't think most people would notice anyway. Looks great!

that was just the order the customer had it in. I'm sure he wouldn't have minded swapping for looks though. Either way, he's extremely happy with what he's got.

we way underpriced from what it would seem most people do. Unfortunately we had already quoted, so we had to do it at the price quoted. I guess we all learn our lessons one way or another.

......make sure you have all measurements exact before giving a price....

I like it. its good work.

the other stuff is nitpicking.

where I would slam you is price.

you did good work, and you barely got paid for it.

400 should have been more like it at a minimum