Sign in to follow this  
vicentillo29

signblazer frezzing

hi guys i been having this problem since i bought my new desktop computer it is a dell 745 and sometimes when im working in signblazer it just freezzes after a cut "lets say a have a tree color graphic to cut" and just after the first color i try to cut the next color and it wont let me cut it and sign blazer stop responding i have xp pro dual core cpu signblazer elements.....and i have to restart my computer i cannot even close the program in task manager .can someone help this men please

Are you using USB connection. If you are, next thime try unplugging the USB cable to unfreeze it. Sounds like a communication issue.

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue but I just got my cutter. I tried unplugging and plugging the cutter back in and got nothing. I have my USB on hardware flow control as well.

I actually figured it out last night, I scraped some paint off the stand and ran another ground wire straight to the house ground and then ran another ground wire from the stand to the top and bottom of the cutter. I used my volt meter and made sure it had a good ground. Sure enough, the static was causing it all to mess up. The program would "freeze" but as soon as I unplugged the USB cable the computer would start working again. In my opinion its all a static problem.

It's hard to go serial nowadays because most of the new computers just have usb ports. When mine freezes I just unplug the usb and start all over. Have lost a lot of vinyl because of freezing.

easy & cheap to buy an older computer with serial connection & dedicate it to the cutter .

I had mega freezing issues. I bought an express card to serial for my computer, and have not had an issue since. Best $20 I have ever spent!

go serial!

what drivers i tried the ftdi drivers and i tried to reinstall SB all with no luck. i downloaded some drivers about 2 years ago for my laptop and it works fine but now i need to mive the cutter to my desktop and cannot get it to work. :D

I had mega freezing issues. I bought an express card to serial for my computer, and have not had an issue since. Best $20 I have ever spent!

So is this something you need installed into your computer or is it a plug-in device?  I bought a new PC to dedicate to the new cutter but still have some freezing issues.  But the new PC has no serial!  So I would like to see if that plug-in would take care of my problem. 

Another problem I have on the new PC, but not on my laptop, - when I click on Text Dialog to EDIT a text, the program freezes.  Basically I can't edit text on the PC - I have to delete and start over.

go serial!

what drivers i tried the ftdi drivers and i tried to reinstall SB all with no luck. i downloaded some drivers about 2 years ago for my laptop and it works fine but now i need to mive the cutter to my desktop and cannot get it to work. :rolleyes:

Serial doesn't require a driver.