Sign in to follow this  
Signature Signworks

26ft Banner in a day and still waiting materials (9.39am)

Im going to see how long this takes me......

Got a 26ft banner to do (first big one). Just waiting for materials and banner to arrive. I've gotta put a big orange border around the whole thing (?) got knows how im going to do that but time will tell!

By the end of the day or the end of the week

I'll post some pics when i'm done!  :thumbsup:

wish me luck... please!

Cheers,

I thought i'd do it in vinyl because the material comes pre-hemmed and eyeletted :thumbsup:

Went together quite well actually. it took me till 5! (had a few interuptions in between! Had to fit it to the side of the building. What a mission!

post-9305-12986557209733_thumb.jpg

post-9305-12986557226582_thumb.jpg

Looks good but i hope you charged well beings you had to install also. Nothing like someone giving away valuable work..

looks good..I wouldn't even consider having something like that printed. That's a vinyl job..easy and fast. Having it printed would have cut my profit in half. Or even less.

I agree banner, that was for sure a vinyl job.

In my opinopn colors like just dont pop with print as they do with vinyl and really its no faster to lay it out in vinyl than it is to wait for it to print, nem and all that jazz.

Not to burst anyones bubble but everyone who prints thinks everything should be printed i have noticed, its like you all are hounds starving for work, lots of questions on here just merely get a reply with "pm me for a printed price" when the op is clearly not asking for that just some advice on how to do his layout.

Nice work and looks good. Keep it up.

I agree banner, that was for sure a vinyl job.

In my opinopn colors like just dont pop with print as they do with vinyl and really its no faster to lay it out in vinyl than it is to wait for it to print, nem and all that jazz.

Not to burst anyones bubble but everyone who prints thinks everything should be printed i have noticed, its like you all are hounds starving for work, lots of questions on here just merely get a reply with "pm me for a printed price" when the op is clearly not asking for that just some advice on how to do his layout.

Nice work and looks good. Keep it up.

I think because it is easier - less work with printed.  on that note on a trip to New Orleans this summer I saw a lot of printed work that was not properly protected that looked terrible.  would be the same as using cheap vinyl and expecting it to last and look good.  I always look for the printers with laminated products or at least liquid laminated.

I guess we are all just a bunch of lazy heads Mopar and just want to print EVERYTHING!!!!  I want to print my house so I don't have to paint it....I really want to print my lawn so I don't have to mow it...BTW, can someone PM me with a quote on printing me some money!!!!!  :D:lol::o;):D  Just havin' fun Mopar!

DAZZEL

I guess we are all just a bunch of lazy heads Mopar and just want to print EVERYTHING!!!!  I want to print my house so I don't have to paint it....I really want to print my lawn so I don't have to mow it...BTW, can someone PM me with a quote on printing me some money!!!!!   :D:lol::o;):D  Just havin' fun Mopar!

DAZZEL

now I see where wrapping your house could be fun - just print it like you are looking into the different rooms - and make it interesting!

Dakota...how does that liquid Lam work?  WHat does it look like when you spray it on?  Is it tacky when youre done and it dries?

Thanks

Dazzel

I personally have not used it but I have had work done with it and it looks fine.  I understand it is cheaper than regular lam and doesn't need the machine to apply it.  now with that said if I had a choice for the same price I would take the regular laminated product over the liquid.  the only problem I ever had was some that was sent right out to me and after a month I got around to using them and they had stuck a little.  still usable but not as clean as the regular laminated product

Good to know Dakota  :lol:  I have this greenStar SHTUFF that I hate, but it was all I could afford at the time and it works great on flat surfaces, but you try and apply it to anything with curves...good luck!  I apply my lam with my BIG SQUEEGE!  love it!

I want a printed house. MMM that sounds fun. But cant wait im selling my big epson to help fund a new printer, I cant wait. Maybe i will have to do something fun over the kids window to make it interisting when i get it for a first and trial job, i can see the possabilities now, lol