eazycz17

Dont buy a US Cutter

I believe its quite costlier, i explored in aliexpress.., i decided not to get it at all. For others, chinabuye is best at affordable prices with free shipping charges.

...... I love my US Cutter..... and I would think

he would try it with some cheep stuff.......But then there is

one born everyday.......

If he is using641  that is fairly cheap wont last very long in exterior applications . I thought that I read some where that zencut black was  a rebranded GCC which from what I understand is a good machine

Is there some way to compare the re-branded machines to see if the parts & specs are identical....And if not, figure out what the differences are.....

i had my uscutter mh721 for over a year now and no issues at all ...i pay $350 on ebay for it and i have made over $3000 bucks ....that is my opinion, i mostly use it for car stickers ,4' x 8' choroplastic signs, window lettering, vinyl on tiles etc...

It is unfortunate to be in that situation. Anytime someone spends $1250 on a roll of material, and only a few hundred on the machine to cut that material, is only setting themselves up for heartache.

Hopefully the replacement is up to snuff.

Hey Ken ,

Great advice  :lol: , Your post reminds me of the old Bell Motorcycle Helmet saying " If you have a $10 head , buy a $10 helmet " . Bell helmets were about 5 times what you could buy a K-Mart helmet for .

I had a Bell protect my melon on one particular occasion- they are well worth the extra $$.

:lol:

I love my USCutter Laserpoint, but I am a hobbiest/part time business user. If I was doing this full time and my families livelihood depended on it, I would have spent 10 times more.

I am curious about the tons of research part - there is very little out there on the zens ( somewhat more on the GCC), although they may be a good cutter there is precious little info available except from the sales people.  I agree with most that if this was for my only income type of business why would you not go with a roland or graphtec?

I am curious about the tons of research part - there is very little out there on the zens ( somewhat more on the GCC), although they may be a good cutter there is precious little info available except from the sales people.  I agree with most that if this was for my only income type of business why would you not go with a roland or graphtec?

yea with the price difference may as well have bought a graphtec or roland

When your running a business that produces thousands of products, and you already are running Graphtecs, what could possibly fathom you to purchase a VALUE cutter for this endeavor. I bought one because It was what i could afford, and it's been great, but if my lively hood was dependent on the machine, (which I know now mine would be fine) I would have shelled out the extra money for Commercial production unit. you can't condemn an entire company for the sake of one bad machine.

Ken makes a great point by the way. If your materials for one run outweigh the cost of the equipment your running it on, your RESEARCH probably needs some updating.

Kevin

WoW....should this guy even be in business? I mean, I have not even purchased a cutter yet, but I imagine I will use the cheapest material I can find to test it out and get past the learning curve. Maybe logic is too obvious.

For anyone who is considering buying a new plotter I say save your $$$ for awhile and buy a brand name.  This thing is the terrible. 

Not just one person's opinion! Same problems here. I've had a MH721 for 9 months and have not had one good cut from it yet. It's a piece of crap...to put it politely!

It takes some very basic understanding & skills . Just like driving a car . If the driver does not know how to drive , it is not the car's fault . There is a learning curve , but I have read many posts where kids under 10 design & cut decals on the parents cutters ( which are a variety of all the cutters USCutter sells ) It is your fault if you have not made anything in that time line . USCutter walked me thru the steps several times .. took over my computer remotely & set the settings correctly when I did not know how.. the only thing they did not do is to actually put the vinyl in the machine , turn on the machine & click the mouse . I asked in a nice manner & got alot of help here in the forum USCutter supplies for people who don't know a thing about cutting vinyl to learn from .

Very well said Rodger - to many people think it is like hooking up a PNP printer and hitting print.

Hey Scott ,

It would have been well said if I could ever not type a run on sentence . i think I am the king of that & don't want to be :D .

I go on content Rodger  - really not a grammar or spelling police type of personality.

Oh , That is right ... That was Nuke  :D ( " that is funny , I don't care who you are " I think even Nuke would get a chuckle out if that  :D )

Anybody heard from Speedy ?

:D For what it's worth, I keep a roll of 24" X 500' art paper (I got it for $14.99) by my machine and my pen holder handy in the event I want to test run something I'm either trying to save vinyl cost on, or have just enough of a particular type of vinyl for so I'm not storing a ton of roll ends or buying 10 yd rolls just for 5'.

The kids also love it when I lay it out on the table to draw on and the family puts it to use on our poolside "crab boil" days.

I've even used it as gift wrap.

For anyone who is considering buying a new plotter I say save your $$$ for awhile and buy a brand name.  This thing is the terrible. 

Not just one person's opinion! Same problems here. I've had a MH721 for 9 months and have not had one good cut from it yet. It's a piece of crap...to put it politely!

Someone once said "It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools".

That said, I get great results from my $180.00 P-Cut! :D

Someone once said "It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools".

That said, I get great results from my $180.00 P-Cut! :D

I've used that quote more than once. And it is true.