eazycz17

Dont buy a US Cutter

I recently, about two months ago bought a ZenCut black from US cutter.  My partner and I did a ton of research and decided on this product in order to save money.  BIG MISTAKE!  We use this machine to cut out patterns for electorincs wraps and this thing is horrible.  Just today I wasted over $400 in photoluminescent vinyl that I had to have special made from China.  There is both mechanical and software problems with this device.  Bad thing is that US Cutter knows about these defects and sells this product anyways, they even told us as much.

After all the money we wasted on material due to screwed up cuts we would have been better off just buying a Roloand or Graphtec.  We even got the special USB connector fro US Cutter and a brand new computer to use the cutter with.  Same problems, same hour+ wait to talk with tech support.  they offered to exchange us for a new one but this thing sucks.  As with anything else in life, you get what you pay for.  For anyone who is considering buying a new plotter I say save your $$$ for awhile and buy a brand name.  This thing is the terrible. 

Why are you making your first cuts on expensive material? Why not use some cheap greenstar vinyl first?

I have been nothing but impressed with the zen black in action. This thing is wickid fast, accurate and all around a great performing machine. Small text, long feeds, Accurate tracking. all been good that I and my associates have thrown at em, well, better than good, great.

First time using a plotter?  There is a learning curve.  not like just outsourcing to china and wala there it is.

He probably would have wasted over $400 in photoluminescent vinyl with either the Roland or the Graphtec also, I don't think the plotter was his problem. :thumbsup:

Joe

I think no I bet we have ALL thrown out perfectly good vinyl after it did not cut right.

But who blamed the cutter?

Vary Vary few is my guess.

I just try to figure out what I did wrong.

I did a quick search in that vinyl and OMG thats price stuff.

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/279534729-photo-luminescent-vinyl-film-glow-in-the-dark-vinyl-free-shipping-wholesalers.html

there is no way I would use that for my first cut.

I would use something I have laying around first to see how it cuts.

He probably would have wasted over $400 in photoluminescent vinyl with either the Roland or the Graphtec also, I don't think the plotter was his problem. :thumbsup:

Joe

From his video, it was $400 of retail product, not vinyl. He stated that each of the pieces sell for $12 or $15. Each piece would make him that much not cost him that much in materials. Based on the approximate size of what was cut I would guess that he wasted about $3 to $5 in vinyl.

Joe

From his video, it was $400 of retail product, not vinyl. He stated that each of the pieces sell for $12 or $15. Each piece would make him that much not cost him that much in materials. Based on the approximate size of what was cut I would guess that he wasted about $3 to $5 in vinyl.

what video?

I think this guy is just another one of the 'hit and run' posters who join up,complain and vanish....I would have to see the proof of it before I would even believe he has a cutter from USC.

Either this (mobileguy) is the same guy or it's his partner complaining too but both are about photoluminecent vinyl. The pieces in the video (see last of 3 linked videos) look to be back for ipods that he sells for $16 a piece (2" x 3-1/2" rectangle) Says 30 of them are $450 worth.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,30908.0.html

Either this (mobileguy) is the same guy or it's his partner complaining too but both are about photoluminecent vinyl. The pieces in the video (see last of 3 linked videos) look to be back for ipods that he sells for $16 a piece (2" x 3-1/2" rectangle) Says 30 of them are $450 worth.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,30908.0.html

i thought the same reading both posts.

maybe his "partner" accidentally got some sand in the Vaseline?

i did my research and have cut for years.  i started my own company and to save money bought this piece of junk.  its been nothing but a disappointment.  they agreed to send us a new one and if we have problems with it i will send that one back too and ask for a full refund.  as far as using cheap materials, why would i waste my money on stuff i dont need?  we cut hundreds of units out of oracle on 641 on it to begin with and it still had problems.  the problem isnt with me, my computers or my level of experience, its the machine.  us cutter acknowledged some units have hardware glitches.

as far as the cost of the pvc goes, its custom made in a custom size and a custom color, hence the expense.  a roll of material 1m x 25m is $1,250, not cheap.  and yes, mobileguy and i are partners and are both very unhappy.  i have a feeling everyone in here being so rude works for us cutter.  or maybe you just got a machine that wasnt defective.  either way i don't appreciate the attitude i am getting, whether you agree with me or not these problems are no less severe for me.  there is no reason for being so rude, look at all the bad reviews, google it for god's sake!  i regret buying this product and if i have the same problems as i did with my replacement i am going to be furious. 

...... I love my US Cutter..... and I would think

he would try it with some cheep stuff.......But then there is

one born everyday.......

• Like 1

again, we cut hundreds if not thousands of units out of oracle 641 and had the same problems.  why is it so hard to believe the cutter is defective?  like i said, just because you may have not experienced similar problems doesnt make this issue any less real to me.  this is a big problem and is crippling our productivity. 

You ever think there might be other things in life that don't funtion correctly ? You don't think the top of the line cutters don't ever have a lemon unit or an achilles heel ? The attitude you are getting is from the dramatic & insulting posts you & your partner are making . We are a nice happy group here & if you don't like us or this forum .... let me give you a hint , we are not leaving  :) Send the cutter back , get the exact replacement to try or upgrade to the best available . There will be no certainty that the most expensive cutter anybody makes in the universe won't have a problem or glitches . Welcome to the real world I live in .

I for one like the Zen and have been very impressed by the excellent support! Dramatic and Insulting? OKAY, I don't think so from me. My partner has his own opinions and is entitled to those. Please do not generalize me. 

You ever think there might be other things in life that don't funtion correctly ? You don't think the top of the line cutters don't ever have a lemon unit or an achilles heel ? The attitude you are getting is from the dramatic & insulting posts you & your partner are making . We are a nice happy group here & if you don't like us or this forum .... let me give you a hint , we are not leaving  :) Send the cutter back , get the exact replacement to try or upgrade to the best available . There will be no certainty that the most expensive cutter anybody makes in the universe won't have a problem or glitches . Welcome to the real world I live in .

Reading your post , I agree you have not been near as dramatic as your partner & you have not been insulting . I do think this post of yours is a bit dramatic & has a premature negative attitude considering the status of your problem .

"    Equipment Discussion & Support / ZenCut Cutting Plotter Discussion / Re: Zen Cut Black - Defect  on: October 11, 2010, 05:33:14 PM 

Got the "Cable Extender" from US CUTTER.. DID NOT WORK!

This cutter is going back this week unfortunately. The sad thing is that USCUTTER did admit a HUGE defect in the machines and said they can not determine which machines had them. Thanks USCUTTER for wasting our time and money on these defective machines. However, we're not giving up we'll try another machine in an effort to see if the said machine is just a lemon. Note* It gets worse after time.

Recommendations: We would NOT RECOMMEND Zencut Black and wish we would have had the money to purchase and or upgrade to a Roland or Graphtec. "

I was responding to your partner but I agree I did generalize you & your posts with his . I apologize .  Everybody in this forum & most likely everybody in this business ( if not ALL business types ) knows the frustration that comes from trying to do things & not being able to . From machinery defects , computer setting problems, software problems or lack of experience . I don't think either of you guys are handling this maturely . Posting on the forum is really just throwing crap at USCutter , since NONE of us members or any of the mods ( who are all volunteers & not USCutter employees ) can do 1 little thing expect offer advice . " IF " USCutter stopped trying to resolve the problem , I could see throwing the crap then , but only then . I have never read where USCutter has been unreasonable . They have always went the extra mile to satisfy the customer . They are in the real world of business & do a great job .

i did my research and have cut for years.  i started my own company and to save money bought this piece of junk.  its been nothing but a disappointment.  they agreed to send us a new one and if we have problems with it i will send that one back too and ask for a full refund.  as far as using cheap materials, why would i waste my money on stuff i dont need?  we cut hundreds of units out of oracle on 641 on it to begin with and it still had problems.  the problem isnt with me, my computers or my level of experience, its the machine.  us cutter acknowledged some units have hardware glitches.

as far as the cost of the pvc goes, its custom made in a custom size and a custom color, hence the expense.  a roll of material 1m x 25m is $1,250, not cheap.  and yes, mobileguy and i are partners and are both very unhappy.  i have a feeling everyone in here being so rude works for us cutter.  or maybe you just got a machine that wasnt defective.  either way i don't appreciate the attitude i am getting, whether you agree with me or not these problems are no less severe for me.  there is no reason for being so rude, look at all the bad reviews, google it for god's sake!  i regret buying this product and if i have the same problems as i did with my replacement i am going to be furious.  

I see then you decided to put in the expensive stuff when it wasn't working to your standards.  did you take the time to figure out if it was an offset problem,  a problem with the file?  blade problem??  You have years of experience cutting on what type of cutter?  why did you choose a rebranded GCC with very little info out there about it?  why didn't you return it for a roland or graphtec this time??  the attitude in the first post set the tone for everything that followed, nobody had an opinion of you before your made the post so where do you think the negative impression came from?

Negative? After spending $1000+ and realizing it's a lemon would frustrate anyone and the fact I took time to post HD vids of the problem only shows this concern. The idea behind the original forum post was to document, educate and relate to anyone experiencing the same issues. Every post is always followed by how USC has excellent support and in the original post I say " have been very impressed by it's quality and speed of the ZenCut Black" The machine is impressive however, showing the world of HUGE defect that infects multiple machines was the right thing to do. I continue to have extreme high hopes for this machine and will continue to post experiences GOOD and Bad.

Reading your post , I agree you have not been near as dramatic as your partner & you have not been insulting . I do think this post of yours is a bit dramatic & has a premature negative attitude considering the status of your problem .

"    Equipment Discussion & Support / ZenCut Cutting Plotter Discussion / Re: Zen Cut Black - Defect  on: October 11, 2010, 05:33:14 PM 

Got the "Cable Extender" from US CUTTER.. DID NOT WORK!

This cutter is going back this week unfortunately. The sad thing is that USCUTTER did admit a HUGE defect in the machines and said they can not determine which machines had them. Thanks USCUTTER for wasting our time and money on these defective machines. However, we're not giving up we'll try another machine in an effort to see if the said machine is just a lemon. Note* It gets worse after time.

Recommendations: We would NOT RECOMMEND Zencut Black and wish we would have had the money to purchase and or upgrade to a Roland or Graphtec. "

I was responding to your partner but I agree I did generalize you & your posts with his . I apologize .  Everybody in this forum & most likely everybody in this business ( if not ALL business types ) knows the frustration that comes from trying to do things & not being able to . From machinery defects , computer setting problems, software problems or lack of experience . I don't think either of you guys are handling this maturely . Posting on the forum is really just throwing crap at USCutter , since NONE of us members or any of the mods ( who are all volunteers & not USCutter employees ) can do 1 little thing expect offer advice . " IF " USCutter stopped trying to resolve the problem , I could see throwing the crap then , but only then . I have never read where USCutter has been unreasonable . They have always went the extra mile to satisfy the customer . They are in the real world of business & do a great job .

I'll answer this.

We have two offices one in Cali with Rolands and one in KS and this is the one we purchased a GCC for. The Defect does not happen every time and unfortunately we we're backed up in our new KS office and only had the GCC to cut. We have 99% of our stuff diecut but needed a machine to do custom stuff.

The file was doubled checked by a few sources including USC.

We did a few months of research on the IV 61 and always came away with good reviews hence our surprise with the problems.

Need Extreme downforce for various PVC thicknesses.

Again, my partner has his own opinion and experiences with this machine. I still continue to have very high hopes for the machine and look forward to the replacement.

I see then you decided to put in the expensive stuff when it wasn't working to your standards.  did you take the time to figure out if it was an offset problem,  a problem with the file?  blade problem??  You have years of experience cutting on what type of cutter?  why did you choose a rebranded GCC with very little info out there about it?  why didn't you return it for a roland or graphtec this time??  the attitude in the first post set the tome for everything that followed, nobody had an opinion of you before your made the post so where do you think the negative impression came from?

sounds to me like your partner needs to learn the difference between a bad unit and calling an entire line 'junk'.But I doubt if he ever will. OR maybe lay off the coffee for a few days.

His personal remarks about me (whom he does not know shit about) says a lot about his character.