Sign in to follow this  
carolinatc

8'x8' sign

I'm putting together a 8'x8' sign (two 4x8)(aluma-corr) Will be supported around the perimeter with 2x2, my concern is where the bottom of the top piece and the top of the botttom piece come together, there is no support there. I'm concern about the two pieces weaving in and out over time. I really don't want to put a 2x2 across the middle of the sign. Any ideas on how to support this or will it even need to be supported?

Thanks for the help!

TC

2 ideas come to mind, first there is a molding that has a channel on each side that would be great for this.  the second is to find a rod that fits into the channels to lock the panels together without a need for the "splice" trim peice

they make aspecial clip for holdingplywood together on roofs it looks like an H. they work great.

What I do in this case is i use a scrap of .040 or other metal about 4 to 5 inches wide I install a line of3m vhb double sided tape and a line of silicone the tape holds it in place while the silicone cures makes a good tight joint that wont open up.

Dan

What I do in this case is i use a scrap of .040 or other metal about 4 to 5 inches wide I install a line of3m vhb double sided tape and a line of silicone the tape holds it in place while the silicone cures makes a good tight joint that wont open up.

Dan

I've done the same, except I use Sikaflex or 3M 5200.  When it sets, it might as well be welded.