mopar691

Flexipro really?

always makes me wonder when people who do this as novice or starting, craft or whatever pop up and say they have Flexipro.

I do this full time and as my professional job for over 4 years and i am yet to be able to purchase this 4k+ peice of software.

Getting into printing now and still would love this but damn, thats another printer. I do hope to get this within the next year though.

Not a rant and not complaining and nothing against anyone, I have used this awesome peice of software, To me i wonder how many novices have this program with $400 dollar cutters??? Doesnt add up. I dont like to tell them how to do everything when they are cheating the system to start with.

but then use and sell copyrighted logos online, whats the difference???

stealing is stealing, doesn't matter what you steal, if you steal you steal. Maybe you should steal some better money making items.

That is ALOT of steal !!!  ;D

I came across my copy of FlexiSIGN yesterday at an auction. I bought a skid with computers and and various other cutting tools. (blades squeegees, mask, rulers, ETC.) any how as I was leaving the guy in charge told me there was another box of various blades and knives and flash drives in it. Low and behold my luck finally came around and when I looked in the box I noticed 1 of the flash drives wasn't a flash drive but a dongle and as I fired up one of the computers it had a copy of Flexi 8.6 on it and that is what the dongle was for. I finally got lucky!!! Is this stealing? I didn't really pay for it but I didn't swipe it from some site either. I had LXi and loved it and to my suprise Flexi is just like it except everything is unlocked. Yes I do have a cheap cutter now but that was all I could afford when I started back up. However I do have a copy of Corel Draw 12 that I did pay for when I first got into it all.

I came across my copy of FlexiSIGN yesterday at an auction. I bought a skid with computers and and various other cutting tools. (blades squeegees, mask, rulers, ETC.) any how as I was leaving the guy in charge told me there was another box of various blades and knives and flash drives in it. Low and behold my luck finally came around and when I looked in the box I noticed 1 of the flash drives wasn't a flash drive but a dongle and as I fired up one of the computers it had a copy of Flexi 8.6 on it and that is what the dongle was for. I finally got lucky!!! Is this stealing? I didn't really pay for it but I didn't swipe it from some site either. I had LXi and loved it and to my suprise Flexi is just like it except everything is unlocked. Yes I do have a cheap cutter now but that was all I could afford when I started back up. However I do have a copy of Corel Draw 12 that I did pay for when I first got into it all.

You got lucky. My advice is to clone that hard drive asap just in case it goes bad.

I bought a mac awhile back...all it was supposed to have on it was the OS...when I fired it up, it had the mac versions of Photoshop,Corel Draw,and AI...boy was I happy.

Thats a good idea! I was just transferring all the files off from it since it has all the files for most all the local towing companies along with various other local businesses. When I bid on the package I was about double what I wanted to pay but I was hoping since the guy had been in business here for 20+ years he may have some files that become useful. So now I am going to mail the 120+ businesses he has files for and let them know I have all the files now and they are still cut ready so anytime they need something replaced to please contact me first.

When I bid on the package I was about double what I wanted to pay but I was hoping since the guy had been in business here for 20+ years he may have some files that become useful. So now I am going to mail the 120+ businesses he has files for and let them know I have all the files now and they are still cut ready so anytime they need something replaced to please contact me first.

you had better check on the legality to those files. Did you get sold the" RIGHTS" to use the files? Could be copyright infringement. Somebody else created those designs/files, not you.... there could be other family members/people that are owners of those files also. something to look into..

The family of the guy who passed auctioned the stuff off and offered me the rights to everything tied with the business name. My tax lady is going to look into that next week for me and see if there is any outstanding debt. There are misc. files on the hard drive of scanned contracts from a few of the companies showing they gave this guy the permission to duplicate their logo. But I guess I never thought about it in real depth I just looked at it if its that companies logo then they have the rights to have it duplicated. Again goes into all that grey area of the copyright stuff I guess.

yep. I would get that all checked out, before you end up paying OUT, more than you paid in for this... You cannot purchase a contract without the other parties permission. Or documents must support the fact they can be transferred. Those companies, have to have a contract with you...

The only reason I really want it is he has about 30 contracts with local race teams to redo their cars every year and I would love to get my hands on those customers