mopar691

Flexipro really?

always makes me wonder when people who do this as novice or starting, craft or whatever pop up and say they have Flexipro.

I do this full time and as my professional job for over 4 years and i am yet to be able to purchase this 4k+ peice of software.

Getting into printing now and still would love this but damn, thats another printer. I do hope to get this within the next year though.

Not a rant and not complaining and nothing against anyone, I have used this awesome peice of software, To me i wonder how many novices have this program with $400 dollar cutters??? Doesnt add up. I dont like to tell them how to do everything when they are cheating the system to start with.

Still running FREE signBlazer here. No FlexiPro in my future.

I bought flexi starter and still can't break away from Sign Blazer also.........

I bought 7.6 back when I was making killer money in another business venture.  I just bought 8.1 from a buddy getting out of the business.  We traded some work in our steel shop for it.  I could never justify buying it new.  I'll bet if SA woke up and realized that most of the sign shops out there are small businesses on a tight budget and brought the price down to $599...even $999...they would see sales skyrocket. 

I have to agree rrc.  Do they really think all these people I see with pcuts went out and bought it for the thousands it costs?  I always get a kick out of seeing someone and they have a pcut as a cutter (not that its a bad machine) however then they list flexipro as there software and the next post is I have a job to do and I am lost,  how would I make this decal?  So right you spent $300.00 on a cutter you don't know what to do but you spent a few thousand dollars on software right ok........... LOL

I have to agree rrc.   Do they really think all these people I see with pcuts went out and bought it for the thousands it costs?  I always get a kick out of seeing someone and they have a pcut as a cutter (not that its a bad machine) however then they list flexipro as there software and the next post is I have a job to do and I am lost,   how would I make this decal?  So right you spent $300.00 on a cutter you don't know what to do but you spent a few thousand dollars on software right ok........... LOL

Exactly my point. If they wanna run bootleg software let them get support from the people who hacked the software.

Unless I am missing something, the main purpose to have flexipro is that it has RIP software built in. This is used for printing on the big boy printers. If the printers cost 10 grand and up 3 thousand for the proper software is not a whole lot of money.

greenie

your missing the point of,, these new people are not earning the money to purchase that  Flexipro  software,  they are  STEALING the software ..  downloading it from torrents,shareware.  etc.  just like this post stated last week on this forum.. They don't want to start from scratch and actually EARN the money for the software.. this person.  just purchased a $300 cutter.  It doesn't matter their reason they took it.  Fact is, they did.  And He won't be getting rid of it either, he really wanted to get that going with that cutter.  to test before buying  Flexistarter??.  LOL  

"I'll check on that stuff tonight when i get home speed. The version of flexi i snagged is 8.1 pro, yes it is cracked, thought id try out the program before buying the starter and couldnt find a demo etc. I saw you mentioned in another post the cracked version could be the culprit. I totally forgot to try signcut again last night to compare, I will test both again tonight.

Thanks for your time,"

just about every cutting software that I know of has a demo version that you can try before you buy. Perhaps if The greedy folks at Flexi had one, there wouldn't be so much pirating.

ah this is not true persay you can use the program but...... you are limited to the size of the output graphic.

as for stolen software. we all have it or had it at one time or another.

ah this is not true persay you can use the program but...... you are limited to the size of the output graphic.

Ummm, No, I have NEVER used pirated software, I do beleive in earning my way, not ripping everyone off along the way.

Demo software will not be able to save/copy/paste the design elements or files, and print/cut/plot will be limited and add white lines on finish jobs.

Pretty much useless....and $9.99 isn't free.

I'll bet if SA woke up and realized that most of the sign shops out there are small businesses on a tight budget and brought the price down to $599...even $999...they would see sales skyrocket. 

Flexi was too expensive for me... that's why I bought LXI... fits in my budget and I don't need the RIP.

bragging rights & a thinner wallet ?  :thumbsup:

I'll bet if SA woke up and realized that most of the sign shops out there are small businesses on a tight budget and brought the price down to $599...even $999...they would see sales skyrocket. 

Flexi was too expensive for me... that's why I bought LXI... fits in my budget and I don't need the RIP.

+1

I see that this post is old and probably quite dead but what the hell. 

When i bought my very first set up in 2000, I got a PNC-5000 and Flexi Sign Pro 6.6 with a legitimate key for around $6k.  At the time it was worth the money and although i look back and laugh a little i wouldn't change it.  I upgraded that 6.6 to 7.2 legitimately (If i remember correctly .. or was it 7.6?).  Anyways i paid way more money than it was worth.  A few months later I was having trouble with my copy installing on my laptop and was informed that I could get another site license for about $1200.  I explained that I was not interested in a second site license .. i was fine with using the one key on my desktop for the few times a year i needed to output with the laptop.  They suggested i upgrade again.  Hang on .. don't i get a free upgrade since i just payed to upgrade?    No go.  I had just written them a check worth a couple grand months before and here they were asking for more money.  Went backwards to 7.0v2 and have stayed happy for many,many years. 

SA is a crappy company trying to peddle overpriced heavy software that just no longer has a place in our market.  That being said, I do love me some Flexi.  No doubt.

I feel no guilt installing a keyless outdated version of Pro (that by rights I did once pay SA for) on every computer i walk by.

Ummm, No, I have NEVER used pirated software, I do beleive in earning my way, not ripping everyone off along the way.

so you are selling at least 3 members designs on ebay?  along with Mopar and Jack Daniels, Monster stuff - I'm confused

so you are selling at least 3 members designs on ebay?  along with Mopar and Jack Daniels, Monster stuff - I'm confused

That is different...

That is different...

how so?

That is different...

how so?

because he did all the work posting them on ebay... so he worked for it!

That is different...

how so?

That's called 'rationalization'. I like it.

That is different...

how so?

That's called 'rationalization'. I like it.

I do what I can...

always makes me wonder when people who do this as novice or starting, craft or whatever pop up and say they have Flexipro.

I do this full time and as my professional job for over 4 years and i am yet to be able to purchase this 4k+ peice of software.

Getting into printing now and still would love this but damn, thats another printer. I do hope to get this within the next year though.

Not a rant and not complaining and nothing against anyone, I have used this awesome peice of software, To me i wonder how many novices have this program with $400 dollar cutters??? Doesnt add up. I dont like to tell them how to do everything when they are cheating the system to start with.

but then use and sell copyrighted logos online, whats the difference???

stealing is stealing, doesn't matter what you steal, if you steal you steal. Maybe you should steal some better money making items.