orbitgrfx

Problems with Cobra Ink Systems - Epson 1100

I purchased a new WF 1100 from Epson and sent it to Richard at Cobra Ink about a week later (unused).

His turn-around time was good (as a matter of opinion, he just swapped it out for one already converted). Since I received it, I've had problem after problem with the delivery system. The printer doesn't want to recognize the 2nd black cart. The re-set doesn't want to work.

Has anyone had trouble with the conversions? This is a real pain in the you know what, and as of now, I'd give the product 1 1/2 out of 5 rating.

I'll call him in the AM, but in the meantime, I'd like to hear from any of you who have the system and any quirks that exist.

Comments are welcome.

every product has glitches one in a while .  I bet slamming Richard on here will really help make and influence friends as so many have the products with no problems.  You opted for a 3rd party conversion and the second something didn't go right, instead of looking for assistance from the party involved you are on the forum complaining in 2 different threads . . . Good Luck

Had a workforce 30 set up with Cobra CIS untill last month when I made the most sensible decision to date regarding Epson based printers; as far as I know it now resides in the dump, no longer able to frustrate anyone....well except future generations that will have to deal with all that we dispose of today. 

every product has glitches one in a while (Right USC).  I bet slamming Richard on here will really help make and influence friends as so many have the products with no problems. 

I couldn't expect more from you, dakota, since this isn't the first time you've accused me of mis-speaking on a thread. Obviously reading into my words as if it were directed to you. Sounds narcissistic, to me.

If you re-read my post, you'll find nothing about slamming anyone, let alone the guy who I trust will, and has, offered to make amends for the faulty chip.

For all of your sense of 'community', you're behaving as it's all about you.

every product has glitches one in a while (Right USC).  I bet slamming Richard on here will really help make and influence friends as so many have the products with no problems.  

I couldn't expect more from you, dakota, since this isn't the first time you've accused me of mis-speaking on a thread. Obviously reading into my words as if it were directed to you. Sounds narcissistic, to me.

If you re-read my post, you'll find nothing about slamming anyone, let alone the guy who I trust will, and has, offered to make amends for the faulty chip.

For all of your sense of 'community', you're behaving as it's all about you.

I purchased a new WF 1100 from Epson and sent it to Richard at Cobra Ink about a week later (unused).

His turn-around time was good (as a matter of opinion, he just swapped it out for one already converted). Since I received it, I've had problem after problem with the delivery system. The printer doesn't want to recognize the 2nd black cart. The re-set doesn't want to work.

Has anyone had trouble with the conversions? This is a real pain in the you know what, and as of now, I'd give the product 1 1/2 out of 5 rating.

I'll call him in the AM, but in the meantime, I'd like to hear from any of you who have the system and any quirks that exist.

Comments are welcome.

My experience so far with Cobra has not been good! The turn-around time I cannot complain about. In all it took about 6 days up and back. However, he stated (twice) that he does not ship out on Fridays since he doesn't like the idea of the printer being housed at UPS during the weekend. Well, he shipped mine on a Friday, Labor Day weekend. Go figure.....an extra day in the UPS truck.

Since I received it, I've had nothing but problems with the ink delivery system. The 2nd black fails to register with the printer and shows missing....therefore, no printing. The complete hassle of having to remove all carts in order to re-set the chips is a real pain. And above all, it doesn't always work as described.

After several attempts to re-position and re-set the carts, the damned thing still doesn't want to register all carts. And being midnight, there's nothing to do, except come up with an excuse to my customer as to why his project wasn't completed on time, and to fume about lost revenue.

He's nice enough on the phone and does answer all questions. Tomorrow, I'll ask hime to return the printer for either a fix or another set-up, pr better yet, a fresh Epson,  unconverted, of course.

Yup all positive thinking there.  My point was you posted in 2 places complaining about this before even talking to the guy that can't defend himself.  and on the lost revenue - don't take orders until you have working equipment and know how to use it.

At least I post my opinions where you can read it and not go behind your back in an attempt to hurt your future sales  :thumbsup:

I do not want to start a war and do not know you. I just work with people every day at my job that are professionals at being passive aggressive and try to change the behavior there also.  Be straight up and to their face (Richard in this case) and give them a chance to take care of the problem first.

I am glad you got it worked out and all will be right

Hey dakota......get a life and get yourself out of a situation that doesn't concern you, nor directed at you.....till now. Nothing I stated was false, nor do I recant my words. Everything stated was correct, including the 1 1/2 mark out of 5. This has been nothing but a pain since I had it installed. You got a problem with that???

As far as lost revenue goes, I've been without a printer now for 3  days, and won't receive the replacement (which he sent without question and with apology, and I don't blame Richard as a person, nor do I put fault with the product....entirely) for another few days. You got a problem with that???

As for your snippy little comments about having the "don't take orders until you have working equipment and know how to use it."

is way, way out of line. But I wouldn't expect anything else from a fart like you. Got it???

How much time do you spend on this site, dakota? Perhaps it's because you run your mouth on a forum instead of doing business....who knows? And I'll compare my inventory with yours anyday. And that includes money in, money out. Got it???

A note to finalize this tread.....

I received the replacement chip/carts yesterday, and it's up and running the way it was intended to do. The printer now behaves the way it should, without having to manually reset the system by removing the carts...waiting 5 minutes...replacing them (per Richard's instruction)...and hoping it works afterwards. It was a glitch in the system he sent to me, not an overall flaw in his product, as I was saying from the beginning.

I've worked with CIS in other printers, namely 2 1400's, in the past and knew the in's and out's of them.

My original post's were to only ask a question to others using the same set-up in order to receive feedback on any known quirks in the system.

What I got was unwarranted remarks from someone who doesn't use the set-up and apparently wants to start trouble with others while not addressing the the question at hand. This is not what a users forum is about! The big picture comes into focus when you consider that the instigator actively criticizes US Cutter and this forum, advertises a competitors forum, openly, yet spends copious time here.

Boy, talk about biting the hand that feeds you.....

To all the others, I say thanks.

I have a wf30 from them. Hasn't had any issues at all. Your first post didn't seem bad to me, actually you said his turn around time was decent.

Glad to hear you got going again.