Vinyl Customs

First try at blasting

Just a little F.Y.I. I sell this same mug at craft shows blasted like you have done her for $12.00 or two for $20. I sell out every time!!!!!

Just a 24oz mug, don't think it turned out to bad for first try! ;D

What did you use to blast this?  Blasting cabinet?  Air Eraser?

It doesn't really matter which of those you use to blast with , same result  . It is just a matter of reusing the blasting media when using a cabinet ( $219 on sale at Harbor Freight ) . It is surprising how easy it is to blast & how hard to find imperfections , if the vinyl lifts etc . I got some imperfections when experimenting ( mainly air pressure too high , I use about 30 psi now ) . I noticed them but when I asked several people to look for imperfections , they did not see any .

Nice Detail. Are you using silicone carbide or another media?

Next step to try is 'mutli-layer' blasting. will give 3D effect.

Enjoy

This thread inspired me to give it a try too.  I figured it's not worth starting a new thread over.

$5 giant beer mug from Garden Ridge.  Took about 20 minutes from sitting down in front of the computer to filling the mug with beer.  (That's 2-12 once bottles in there and it still wasn't enough to completely fill it!)

post-9388-12986558037509_thumb.jpg

post-9388-12986558049927_thumb.jpg

post-9388-12986558081854_thumb.jpg

post-9388-12986558082191_thumb.jpg

That looks good ;D . Is that Comic Sans font ? I like that & like Cole Casual even more ;D  Many people get the $1 each mugs from the Dollar store ( makes em look better  ;D ) .

I use 220 grit white aluminum oxide & a air eraser,  Multi-layer blasting to create the 3D effect, how is it done? any special instructions? Would like to try but don't know where to start.

That looks good ;D . Is that Comic Sans font ? I like that & like Cole Casual even more ;D   Many people get the $1 each mugs from the Dollar store ( makes em look better  :) ) .

Yeah, Comic Sans...I've used it on just about everything for the past decade!

I need to hit up the dollar stores.  I just happened to be at this place and saw the mugs and picked up a couple.  This one happened to be extra-huge....must be at least 30oz.  ;D

I have a pile of bare pint glasses that are my everyday drink glasses.  I have a feeling they're all going to get "modified" in one way or another over the next few weeks.

I have used Comic Sans forever ... until I found Cole Casual in SignBlazer . You should check it out . It is like a bold Comic Sans with some more flare .

Anybody seen the South Park episode about the Harley riders ? I am not a fan of South Park but that episode & the bit of the Nascar episode that I have watched already is hilarious . It is about calling Harley riders Fags & having the dictionary changing the definition of Fag . It is not a sexual preference bashing episode , but does have the 4 lettered F word in it . It is aimed at the " RUBS " ( Rural Urban Bikers ) more thsn the hard core section . My wife worked at the Annapolis Harley Dealer for several years & I have raced / ridden motorcycles all my life & started out with a Harley ( made in Italy ) 125 dirtbike . I ride Jap sportbikes & dirtbikes, but made sure I sent my brother-in-law this link as he just bought a Harley ;D .

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s13e12-the-f-word

Anybody seen the South Park episode about the Harley riders ? I am not a fan of South Park but that episode & the bit of the Nascar episode that I have watched already is hilarious . It is about calling Harley riders Fags & having the dictionary changing the definition of Fag . It is not a sexual preference bashing episode , but does have the 4 lettered F word in it . It is aimed at the " RUBS " ( Rural Urban Bikers ) more thsn the hard core section . My wife worked at the Annapolis Harley Dealer for several years & I have raced / ridden motorcycles all my life & started out with a Harley ( made in Italy ) 125 dirtbike . I ride Jap sportbikes & dirtbikes, but made sure I sent my brother-in-law this link as he just bought a Harley ;D .

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s13e12-the-f-word

So, would you say that you're bike-curious?

;D I would never say that ... even if I was .