Sign in to follow this  
cgarcia581

how can i vectorize a image using flexistarter 8.5v2 for mac ??

Im new to this designing process of signmaking , ive been applying graphics for about 6 yrs now finally decided to try to venture out on my own for extra money. The big problem im having is when i find a image i am unable to vectorize it so i can cut it . Does anybody know how i can do this with the mac version of the software ?

Flexistarter is not capable of vectorizing,  it is entry level  cutting software, You need to spend ALOT of money to get that feature in a FLEXI product.  but there is a great FREE software that you can use .  www.inkscape.org   to vectorize and design in.   follow directions and save as an .eps file

import into Flexistarter.  Goodluck.

Step 1) Import your image. Click File>Import, find your file and click OK.

Step 2) Select the image, go to the top of the screen, click Path>Trace Bitmap.

Step 3) The Trace Bitmap menu will then open. Here you can select how you want your image vectorised and adjust the settings. You can also generate a preview. Once you are happy with the preview click OK and close the Trace Bitmap screen.

Step 4) Now you will have your new vector image and the old raster (bitmap, jpeg, gif etc) image stacked on top of each other. Seperate the two and delete the raster.

Step 5) Play around with your new vector image!

Amazing response time - 5 minutes 6 seconds for a well thought out and helpful answer --

Thanks