pitbull1126

Credit card Acceptor: Square

Use mine on a tablet swiper doesn't always work but key in does.

took awhile to get verified because I got in hurry lol

works great tho.

i have tried several merchant accounts and seem to be most happy with Intuits "go payment". unless you are swiping dozens of cards a day this is great. i have it on my ipad and every time i use it the customers are in awe and think it's so cool. hey, it may be cool but it sure beats having to tell a potential customer sorry i dont take credit cards.

fee is about $12 a month for the service. my first 3 months were free and no contract.

charge fees are about 1.7 swipe, 2.7 keyed

you can use it on most phones, iphone, ipad, and over internet.

So I bit the bullet and went ahead and signed up Saturday night. I got an email saying my card reader shipped today. Maybe I'll have it by this weekend!

xpfguy, do you have issues with the card reader Intuit GoPayments offers with this service??

I got that as well. However, weren't the old terms 15 cents plus 2.5%? That would mean this is trying to hide a rate increase of .25% by telling us that they're doing away with the 15 cents. Basically all of my transactions are large enough that the .25% rate hike is bigger than 15 cents a transaction.

I got my credit card reader in the mail yesterday and it works pretty good. I layed my phone down flat and swiped it and had no problems with it not reading.

I filled out the app with Intuit GoPayments last Thursday still haven't received anything from them. Not even telling me if my app has been approved. Signed up with Square Saturday, had my bank account info verified, got my card reader, and took my first payment with it in 4 days. I'm satisfied so far with it!

This is a quick up of the rate comparison. Basically if you spend $300 or less per transaction, then use should use square.

Rate Comparison

Amount $300.00

Fee Rate Cost

Intuit 0.15 2.70% $8.25

0.15 3.70% $11.25

Square 0 2.75% $8.25

0.15 3.50% $10.65

Intuit 0.3 1.70% $5.40

w/mo

fee

$12.95

So the monthly fee would need to be split out and shared to make sense. I guess if you have over 6 transaction per month over $300 then you should use the plan with the month fee. Again, just a sample.

The most competitive fee i know in the market is the one that SalesVu offers: 2.7% and NO additional fees. Besides that, its software is the most complete and effective i know. It doesn't only serve like a service to accept cards, cash and checks but also to store the transactions information, prices and products lists, customers history and gives you the opportunity to add discounts or taxes on the go. I downloaded it for free from www.salesvu.com