pitbull1126

Credit card Acceptor: Square

Signed up a week ago and just got my bank account verified today. We'll see how long the reader takes to get here.

Bill

Hey that looks really good. Guess you have to install the app on your phone before you can sign in and put your info in.

Does anyone know if your bank charges you for it?

Bank doesn't, but square does.

Card-present (swiped) rate                  2.75% + 15

Those charges aren't bad compared to other Merchant Account Companes. They have three levels.

One kind of bad thing is the 7 day holding period, and that they only pay out 1,000 per week.

I guess since we all have our customers pay a partial payment up front and the rest when we finish will help us with this credit card company.

How about minimum monthly payments? Just curious if there is a minimum amount of sales you have to meet monthly to keep the account...

Nevermind.... found it. BTW-- this thing sounds awesome, esp. for those road trip/installs that require payment on site!

My card reader was mailed last week. I can't wait to give it a try. I won an iPad in a contest a while back and I have a feeling this is going to be the best use for the thing. So much more professional than walking away with their card numbers or the myriad of other things I've done.

it would be nice if they offered one that worked on a computer, for taking orders over the phone.

it would be nice if they offered one that worked on a computer, for taking orders over the phone.

I was thinking the same thing!

after many many months of waiting for it my reader was shipped a few days ago. should be getting it soon

Jeremy, were you able to take orders from people over the phone or from emails?

Also, the person that says there's a minimum? What is it?

There's no minimum. Its just a small percentage of each sale goes to the Square company. No sales = no payment to Square.

You can manually enter in the card, expiration date, CCV and Zip code on the square app. At least on the iPad app. I'd assume it was the same across the board. That should work for phone orders  :thumbsup:

Jeremy, were you able to take orders from people over the phone or from emails?

Also, the person that says there's a minimum? What is it?

ive yet to use it , just made sure i signed up now to make sure i had the reader for when the day comes that i do use it. yes you could except orders over the phone by manually keying in the card number, they do charge a higher percentage though for manually entered cards

Thanks guys and gals. I thought I only saw the With Credit Card or Without percentages. Haven't set it up with my bank account yet.

Guessing by the remarks that I'll have to wait a month or two to get the reader.

This is still a great deal in my opinion.

I'll probably forget about mine by the time it comes. I'll probably stare at it and wonder what the heck it is until I read the package it comes in. Lol.  :) :) :huh:

It sounds like it takes everyone about 3 or 4 months to get theirs.

If the company has a big demand they should work night and day until they get caught up or at least until I get mine. Lol.

It took me 2 weeks before they shipped mine. I have a friend who was the one that told me about their service still waiting for hers.  :huh: