Sign in to follow this  
hobbymom

IN a bind, looking for a work around?

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to break this huge thing (I'm trying to cut a 21' and a 27.5' vinyl piece attached) into pieces. I was planning on cutting "SKY HIGH JUMP", the line plus "THE TRAMPOLINE PLACE" and I already got the web address to cut before everything crapped out on me. Is there a way to cut "The Trampoline Place" in sections? I know I can select "The" and cut it, but is there a way to then select "Trampoline" and cut it so it's in the right location spacial-y on the page as if I had cut it all as one cut? Do you understand me? I'm so frustrated that I am confusing myself!!

I have now grounded my machine, but I haven't tried static guard yet??? I need to get this done for my customer ASAP! Anyone have any solutions.

sky_high_jump.eps

sky_high_jump.eps

Without looking at the graphics, one way, as long as everything is under your 24" cutter width would be to make everything a different color (as far as SB or Flexi is concerned) and place alignment marks on the side of each peice, that way you could cut out each individual peice (same color) and put them back together using the alignment marks once it's all cut out. A technique used when overlaying multiple colored layers, instead of laying each on top of each other, you would be laying them side by side...

Something like  A : B : C : etc

A, B, C would be all diff colors, the :'s would be the alignment marks, set the first set where you need them then set their color (same as the first character), then select both (I believe you click the first, hold the ctrl key and click the second) hit ctrl-C, then ctrl-v, it should create a new copy directly ontop of the original and with the same color, change them to the color of the character to the right and so on.. when you cut the letters, each letter (or whatever) would have alignment marks on each side, lay them on top of each other and your spacing and everything will be as you designed it.