Sign in to follow this  
TruckDriver

What is your favorite shape to use as a registration mark?

Ok, I'm going to be getting an order for 50, two color decals.  These aren't really big, so any little bit of mis-alignment shows big time!  Also, I don't have a light table but am definitely looking at getting/making one asap.  So, what shapes do you prefer?  I've tried squares, but they're not working.  If you could post what shape you use, I (and I'm sure a few others) would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Jay

circles here as well, and gang as many as you feel comfortable doing together.  That way you can register say 10 at a time, instead of each one individually.

Thanks for all of your inputs.  I did 6 decals all in one sheet last night.  The first set I messed up because I wasn't paying enough attention, but the second set came out good.

I was thinking of trying something like this:

post-2964-12986556995214_thumb.jpg

post-2964-12986557020624_thumb.jpg

Jay,

I got this mark from a post on this forum - I like using it - because it magically cuts in all the colors. 

There were a couple of them -- looked the same but different size files for some reason - I renamed the smallest one to regmark.sbd so I can find it easily. 

I never figured out how to import a .sbd into a design so I usually open this file and start designing my graphic and then duplicate and place as many of the marks as I need to make the lineup for application.  - You also could copy the mark to the clipboard and then open an existing file and ctrl-v paste the mark -- it always shows up in the lower left corner of design area - paste and move as many of the marks as you need to where you need them.

-Mike

regmark.sbd

post-4108-1298655699673_thumb.jpg

regmark.sbd

post-4108-1298655702114_thumb.jpg

Any SignBlazer experts know why the regmark I posted cuts in all of the different colors?

I thought it was because it was colored "Blazer Black"  but I have made some squares and made them blazer black -- they only cut when blazer black is selected -- the regmark is there in all the different cuts.  Changing the color of the regmark doesn't make this behavior change - it shows up in all the different colors just the same.  I like that this works this way -- just wonder why it works like this.

-Mike

On the light table front, I made my own. I will post pics soon, it came out brilliant!

Recipe....

A large work bench (the sort the you slip the table to in to.

I set the worktop down slightly then fitted one of those Lights you see in shops with the 4 light tubes, Place ontop of the table top and plug in

Luckily the company i bought my printer off gave me a HUGE sheet of Glass approx 7ft x 3ft. Put this above the Light unit but have the light unit just low enough that the glass doesnt touch.

And there you have it, one AWSOME light table (cost me about

Sweet!  Thanks for all of your replies!

Mars:  that's weird!  Great that it works though!

SS:  There was a piece of glass by the dumpster a while ago and I grabbed it.  I know what I'm using it for now!

Jay