sniderman

how would i cut down my rolls of vinyl !!!!!!

3m sent me my 2 free rolls of vinyl,,,, heres the catch!!!!

they are 48" long,, can i cut these with a circular saw or does it need to be cut with a special saw?

thanx

jeff

i just talked to sign outlet store and they will cut it for me,,, 1$ a cut, and they are down the road from me

sweet save me a head ache

A friend of mine told that a year or so ago he found a site that the guy had made a DIY vinyl slicer that would cut down rolls of vinyl to whatever width you wanted and rolled it onto a new tube.

Now if we could only find it again.  Reason for building it was 48" vinyl is generally cheaper.

A small roll slitter would do the job of cutting down or slitting a vinyl roll. http://rollslitting.com has a picture of what I am talking about. A chop saw will work but the edges will be rough and if too much heat builds up the edges can fuse. Roll slitters are also good for creating nice clean pinstriping or rolls.

Steve

• Like 1

I would LOVE to have someone locally who would cut stuff for me at $1 a cut. Go with them,don't waste your time on anything else.

• Like 1

I would LOVE to have someone locally who would cut stuff for me at $1 a cut. Go with them,don't waste your time on anything else.

+1 B)

I got two rolls from 3M as well and just cut them down with my chop saw but like the others have said someone local will slit it for $1 then just have them do it.