casperkyle

2 tiles i made

:thumbsup: Here are two tiles I put together last night. They turned out good I really like them! Any one selling these? If so what do you charge for them?

post-8305-1298655693225_thumb.jpg

post-8305-1298655695985_thumb.jpg

Looks nice. I sell a few for wedding presents and such. 12x12 for $15. I buy the tile from the Lowes for less than a dollar with the textured face and scollopped edges. Most sales are by word of mouth and I haven't had much luck selling on line. Hope this helps....Jon

The way I would go. (and will be doing very soon, still in the planning and get to know part of the business)

Figure out what your labor rate per hour will be.

Then take the cost of materials, add the labor figure for how long it took you, then add at least 40-50% for profit.

I got the alphabet from www.myvinyldesigner.com , the name is a font (garamond) just went to lowes and got ceramic floor tiles and i got the stands at walmart (plate stands) very fun to make and they look awesome!!! The hardest part is getting the vinly to stick to the tile and get the app tape off but once the app tape is off the vinyl adhears just fine i heat the tiles up with a heat gun

I occasionally make a tile or two, mainly for gifts.  I found that using either 631 or 651, if you spray the tile first with a clear coat, the vinyl adheres to the tile  much better and the masking comes off very well.  As far as pricing, We sell 12x12 for around 10 to 15 depending on the time and detail in the vinyl.

Just my pointers.  Thanks.

I get 18.00 per tile at craft shows. The only down side to selling tiles is if I have to mail them, it's about 7.00 per tile to mail. I buy pizza boxes from a local pizza place for 50 cents to ship in. Perfect size for a 13 X 13 tile. I try to take my small cutter(12 in.) and cut their names at the shows so I don't need to mail. I have 3-4 tiles made up with each letter in the alphabet Sandy