Sign in to follow this  
vinyl7381

Vinyl sticks To Transfer Tape HELP!!

When I try to put my signs on anything, it looks like my transfer tape is too sticky and won't let go of the vinyl.

Is it the trafer tape or what?? Should I change???  HELP!

How are you putting it on? Wet or dry? Are you squeegeeing with enough force? Cleaning the surface prior to application? Tell us a bit more about your process then we can help a bit better.

The name of the vinyl is GreenStar Intermediate Calendered Vinyl.

The name of the transfer tape is GreenStar Layflat Classic Transfer Tape.

I'm aplining it dry. I'm doing this as a hobby so i really have no experiance and i DO go on youtube sometimes.

What i do is just clean the surface of with a dry cloth,place the sticker straight on it, and starting from one side apply it.The when i'm peeling of the transfer tape,the transfer tape does not want to let go.but when it finally it does come off,theres wrinkels on the vinyl.

and i herd there's a type of liquid you can use to apply.  Am I right??

Thanks!!

Are you keeping the vinyl up off the surface while working from left to right?  generally if it touches the surface before its meant to be and you squeegee over it, it can create wrinkles and bubbles.  You also need to squeegee it very well, don't worry about being too hard on it, the tape will protect the vinyl. 

What surface are you trying to put it on?

Thanks!!

I do squeegee alot.It even sometimes tears a little.I could spend over 5 minutes trying to apply a little sticker.

I'm having the trouble appling it to car windows/doors.