Device Error

Absolutely a horrible company and product to deal with

I purchased a cutter and heat press in April of last year. The cutter was bundled with half of the software i was promised. I had to go and download the rest only to find out that its antiquated and useless. Not to mention that this particular cutter ( the MH721 ) is nowhere near the kind of cutter we were told we were getting. If anyone wants, I'll sell it to you for $200.00. Its been used for all of 15 minutes. That's how long it took for us to realize that this wouldn't fit our needs.  My advice to you people that need a good cutter, the Roland gx24 hands down.....

Our 15x15 heat press that we also purchased has already fallen apart. We've had a swingman for over 5 years that we just recently had to replace a wire on. This new press from US cutter has substandard rivets and soft steel in the handle that wears out after about 1500 presses.

I've called and left multiple messages with support and feel as if I am being ignored. As I write this, I am on hold AGAIN, waiting to see if US Cutter is going to honor my warranty. I'll let you know how it pans out. We'll stick with Stahls from here on out. They actually take my calls and fix their warrantied products.

I purchased a cutter and heat press in April of last year. The cutter was bundled with half of the software i was promised. I had to go and download the rest only to find out that its antiquated and useless.

I guess the many people who use it every day with great success are wondering why you found it so.

Don't know what you planned to use the cutter for, but I used the same model to cut vinyl on a daily basis for 3 years.

Maybe 15 minutes wasn't long enough to learn how.

I purchased a cutter and heat press in April of last year. The cutter was bundled with half of the software i was promised. I had to go and download the rest only to find out that its antiquated and useless.

I guess the many people who use it every day with great success are wondering why you found it so.

Don't know what you planned to use the cutter for, but I used the same model to cut vinyl on a daily basis for 3 years.

Maybe 15 minutes wasn't long enough to learn how.

:huh::thumbsup:

id offer my 02 here, but i have a feeling this poster is a hit and run and wont be back anyway.

My opinion also . Probably a competitor .

Probably someone that cant read there are quite good discreptions on the web site of the cutters. I have never bought a Kia and expected it to be like a Caddy.

my mh721 works awsome and never any problems,,, i have had it on many different laptops and never a issue,, just take the time and learn how to hook it up.

windows 7 was trickey but not rocket science to change around comm settings,,, just searched on here and found what i needed, as usual.

if you cant afford a graph-tec uscutter is a great cutter....

as for the press, i have a hix that i bought from this forum from a great guy, never any problems here with the one i have, dont no about other ones.

i bought a copam cp2500 in april from us cutter  and vinyl ( green star ) and easy weed and have great results . i even had a problem downloading software and they helped me right away. i like them.

I agree 100% US cutter products are poor quality.  I should have just spent the few extra thousand and got a decent machine.  CutterJohn, why dont you lose the attitude.  Something tells me if your work is anything like your poor attitude it SUCKS.

ehhhhhhh, again, im not going to bother replying, although holding my tounge isint my best attribute.

I agree 100% US cutter products are poor quality.  I should have just spent the few extra thousand and got a decent machine.  CutterJohn, why dont you lose the attitude.  Something tells me if your work is anything like your poor attitude it SUCKS.

I think the person with the attitude is YOU. We get a lot of people on here who post once or twice,and disappear. And it's always crap like this.

And...you have no IDEA what my work is like....so keep your opinions to yourself.

oh..and if your ability to read and follow directions is as good as your ability to read posts..it's no wonder you wasted all that vinyl...there IS no 'CutterJohn.'

From the moment to when I plugged in the cutter to when I hit cut and had it running a job was less than five minutes. Sure it took a bit of research, but I also didn't buy it until I had done all of that research.

From the moment to when I plugged in the cutter to when I hit cut and had it running a job was less than five minutes. Sure it took a bit of research, but I also didn't buy it until I had done all of that research.

:thumbsup:

good advice for everyone.

Yeah , but it is too bad brains can't be bought :) . You could buy an exacto knife for a buck & cut decals or you can spend a few hundred for an entry level cutter or you could spend many thousands on a top of the line cutter with the top of the line cutting software . Only an immature & unwise person would expect a cutter MUCH cheaper to perform the same as the top of the line cutter ( but many times they do  :huh: ) Then there is the operators skill/experience or lack of . Any experienced person can make decals with the cheapest cutter & with any cutting software . I move mobile homes & it requires some experience & ability .. I have seen people buy a truck & expect to do as well as others who have had many years & the bad experiences that they learned from . It is much easier to do what I do with my best truck with all the options , but I can get the job done with my most basic truck . That comes from experience ... there is not any shortcuts to get experience . The same goes for vinyl cutters , easier to get the job done with the best cutter , but you can get the job done with any cutter if you know what you are doing .

the reason i calle dyou "cutter john" is because you're obviously insane.  have you not read all the complaints on here?  or do they just pay you so much to be a "super moderator" that any complaints are automatically the users fault?  seriously, pull your head out.  if i was the only one complaining i could see your viewpoint but i'm not.  there are more bad reviews for us cutter on google than there are good ones.  i am sick of moderators being such a**holes when someone disagrees or complains.  if your machine hasnt had problems you seem to be the exception, not the rule....  at the end of the day its my fault for thinking i would be the exception for buying such a cheap product.  same as always, you have to pay for quality.

I know for a fact that the mods are not paid or work for USC.  USC has said the Zen black is a great cutter and the owner of the company Marcus even posted on the forum that USC will pay the shipping to return defective cutters back for repair.  That is a big plug as that is the only cutters they have offered to do that with.  I have owned several cutters and every brand requires some fine tuning.  yous stated in another thread that the cutter wasn't cutting properly when you cut hundreds of things from Oracal 641, they why didn't you call for support then and not let it get to the boiling point.

not sure what your mother taught you but I learned early on to ask nicely for help rather that insult someone then ask for help!

the reason i calle dyou "cutter john" is because you're obviously insane.  have you not read all the complaints on here?  or do they just pay you so much to be a "super moderator" that any complaints are automatically the users fault?  seriously, pull your head out.  if i was the only one complaining i could see your viewpoint but i'm not.  there are more bad reviews for us cutter on google than there are good ones.  i am sick of moderators being such a**holes when someone disagrees or complains.  if your machine hasnt had problems you seem to be the exception, not the rule....  at the end of the day its my fault for thinking i would be the exception for buying such a cheap product.  same as always, you have to pay for quality.

I know for a fact that the mods are not paid or work for USC.  USC has said the Zen black is a great cutter and the owner of the company Marcus even posted on the forum that USC will pay the shipping to return defective cutters back for repair.  That is a big plug as that is the only cutters they have offered to do that with.  I have owned several cutters and every brand requires some fine tuning.  yous stated in another thread that the cutter wasn't cutting properly when you cut hundreds of things from Oracal 641, they why didn't you call for support then and not let it get to the boiling point.

not sure what your mother taught you but I learned early on to ask nicely for help rather that insult someone then ask for help!

Don't bother with him..the guy is obviously a jerk.....who also didn't read the rules of this forum. personal attacks against a member are not allowed. I think he needs a rest,and I'm gonna give it to him.

who is insane? Me or the idiot who thinks people come to forums to praise a product..not to complain? I feel sorry for your partner.

People seldom post when things are going well. Or does than not register with you?

as for me being the exception..read some more on the forums, big boy....there are PLENTY of people who have been using their US Cutters for years with no problems.

:):huh:

Same here lots of reasearch also a little trial and error, and i did not blame uscutter when my own stupidty ruined vinyl.

Dan

Yeah , but it is too bad brains can't be bought :) . You could buy an exacto knife for a buck & cut decals or you can spend a few hundred for an entry level cutter or you could spend many thousands on a top of the line cutter with the top of the line cutting software . Only an immature & unwise person would expect a cutter MUCH cheaper to perform the same as the top of the line cutter ( but many times they do  :huh: ) Then there is the operators skill/experience or lack of . Any experienced person can make decals with the cheapest cutter & with any cutting software . I move mobile homes & it requires some experience & ability .. I have seen people buy a truck & expect to do as well as others who have had many years & the bad experiences that they learned from . It is much easier to do what I do with my best truck with all the options , but I can get the job done with my most basic truck . That comes from experience ... there is not any shortcuts to get experience . The same goes for vinyl cutters , easier to get the job done with the best cutter , but you can get the job done with any cutter if you know what you are doing .

You should stick to mobile homes...

in my best Wanda Sykes" Oh no you Didn't" unsure.gif

id offer my 02 here, but i have a feeling this poster is a hit and run and wont be back anyway.

wrong!!! He IS back....complaining again.

I stick to many things & get them all done ....thank you very kindly !!! Are you the person I heard about :huh: seems somebody told me about a person who could not pour pee out of a boot with the instructions written on the bottom :huh::)

I purchased a cutter and heat press in April of last year. The cutter was bundled with half of the software i was promised. I had to go and download the rest only to find out that its antiquated and useless. Not to mention that this particular cutter ( the MH721 ) is nowhere near the kind of cutter we were told we were getting. If anyone wants, I'll sell it to you for $200.00. Its been used for all of 15 minutes. That's how long it took for us to realize that this wouldn't fit our needs.  My advice to you people that need a good cutter, the Roland gx24 hands down.....

Our 15x15 heat press that we also purchased has already fallen apart. We've had a swingman for over 5 years that we just recently had to replace a wire on. This new press from US cutter has substandard rivets and soft steel in the handle that wears out after about 1500 presses.

I've called and left multiple messages with support and feel as if I am being ignored. As I write this, I am on hold AGAIN, waiting to see if US Cutter is going to honor my warranty. I'll let you know how it pans out. We'll stick with Stahls from here on out. They actually take my calls and fix their warrantied products.

ok, since you keep coming back, you obviously want my opinion.

first off, if you have ever noticed the high rate of small businesses that fail, you can rest assured, the majority of them are due to half-witted morons such as yourself that have no business sense in the first place. hey guy, the world needs ditch diggers too, take your place. if you think that your going to buy a 1980 chevette and expect to be competitive in a world of new ferrari's, your either delusional or flat out retarded. professionals use professional equipment. if you cant afford to pay for or take out a loan to buy the correct equipment, you dont belong in the business.

now, by stating that "we ALSO purchased..." it would lead one to believe that you had purchased them at the same time. you stated "in april of last year" the op was in september. that makes 17 months. so you bought a hobbyist's economy type piece of equipment, used it in an industrial setting, and are surprised that it failed after 17 months?!? personally, im astonished at that, and think it makes a great advertisement for us cutter.

staying on that subject, lets pretend your a complete imbecile (it's not hard to do) you still should have known enough to have added equipment maintenance costs to your product. not specifying which 15"x15" press you purchased, out of the three models, AT MOST, you spent $500 on it. you claim to have gotten approximately 1500 presses out of it. that breaks down to about $0.34 per item pressed. any simpleton knows that equipment wear and tear must be included into any overhead costs, and if that minimal amount wasn't accounted for in your pricing to the point that you lost money (ie, LESS THAN $0.34 profit per item) then frankly, i cant understand how you muster the mental aptitude to be able to turn your computer on to access the web.

but i'm sure you will not be able to see yourself in this comment, no matter how well it fits. it's never your fault. your always a victim. "poor me, poor me". your never responsible for your own actions. it's always someone else's fault. it will be someone else's fault when you run your business into the ground and are a broken loser too. no, it couldn't be your horrible business decisions that caused it. always the victim.