Sign in to follow this  
barrypatch

No replacement parts

I have a broken carriage arm on my Laser Point 24.  I purchased it in April 2009 and noticed it when I took the blade holder out to change blades.  Actually the blade holder part is broken, it snapped in half.  I can't let the entire blade assembly drop into the holder and rest there.  When I do that the blade holder is too close to the vinyl and the blade drags on the vinyl when it's moving.  That's another story.

I called to order the part and was told they don't have any and don't know when they are getting them in.  He said I was in the same boat as lots of people.  Parts of the conversation were pretty unprofessional.  He said I have the new carriage arm and they don't have those in stock.  My choices per the tech were to buy a $150 MH cutter from them on Ebay or wait.  He did say I could try tape or hot glue.  I didn't get an answer when I asked if it was safe to run it like it is or what the problem would be with the blade assembly resting on the holder.

I am not near as technical as many on these boards, but I do have patience, can take pictures and can explain things.  My nephew will be here this weekend, he learned how to use the cutter and then taught me.  He told me last weekend about the blade holder not seating well in the carriage arm and to contact them.

I am not happy, but I am not going to scream and yell.  I am a business owner and understand things happen.  I don't like it when they advertise they have spare parts and don't.  I also don't feel like I should spend $150 on another cutter.  I am evaluating more expensive cutters at this point since my business is growing.  I am hoping to get a better cutter and use my LP as a back up.  I have had no problems with the LP since I got, other than user errors, which were fixed by this forum.

I did send a PM to Levi (I assume it was him, based on a previous post) to see if he could help at all.

Hopefully I can keep cutting today and tomorrow to get my rush orders out and make money to get a more expensive cutter.

super glue maybe..for the time being?

I understand that USC has been having problems getting parts from the Chinese suppliers...for quite some time.

There is a dealer for creation ( who makes the laserpoint, I understand) in the UK if you google it..they sell parts.

barrypatch...  where do you live?  check your local craigslist and see if anyone has a Pcut or laser pointer for sale reasonable.  Would always be good for parts.

Thanks everyone, I found the UK site and have emailed them to see if they have it.  I took a good picture with the cover off so I can send it to show what type of carriage arm I have.

I bought some JB Weld today and will try that.

I live in Illinois, I will check Craigs list, great idea!

Nanc

super glue maybe..for the time being?

I understand that USC has been having problems getting parts from the Chinese suppliers...for quite some time.

There is a dealer for creation ( who makes the laserpoint, I understand) in the UK if you google it..they sell parts.

We believe we have made a break through. We are expecting parts in the next few weeks.