Sign in to follow this  
albertramsbottom

Graphtec CE5000 cutting strip

I have a rather large and deep (0.5), grove in my cutting strip swo I have bought a new one.  But I have a couple of questions:

I have pulled of the old one and it was very thin and has left behind a thicker (1mm), sticky bit.  Very tacky to the touch.

Should I remove this as it does look like the sticky bit from the Teflon strip?

Also there are two distinct square indentations in it, which def look like they have been made on purpose.  But I cannot see them on the old one that I have removed.

What are these indentations for?

And what way round (vertically and horizontally) should they be? Upward or downward facing, and frontwards or backwards facing?

Cheers

Defiantly remove the adhesive - it is time consuming and not fun at all but you want the clean surface to attach the new one with no bumps etc.  I think you will find a cut out under the square.  on removing the adhesive I have only done one and carefully used a solvent to soften a small section at a time and scraping it away.  I have wondered about using dry ice to freeze it and then chipping that section for a cleaner operation.  either way keep the solvent and gook out of the cutter parts