Sign in to follow this  
albertramsbottom

Graphtec CE5000 - 60 Load Media Message

Just got a second user graphtec CE 5000-60 and when I go to the menu it just says "Load Media"

I thought that when the pause botton is pressed you can get to the rest of the menu items.  Well mine isnt cutting very well and I think it might be some settings on the machine.  It also cuts 10 x larger than the cutting master plgin from AI

What can I do?

Many thanks for any advice

have you read the user manual on the machine yet?    "Load media",  means load your vinyl/material and close the pinch rollers.  There is a sensor that knows when there is material loaded or not.  It explains all the settings and trouble shooting.  can be downloaded from Graphtec.  Pause just means stop the machine.  A Graphtec is not like the simple cutters.  There are sensors all over it for certain reasons. There is no offline,  You change items in the menu. You really need to learn from the user manual.

good call on the load media it would be the optical eye on the front or back.  probably the back one is dirty or malfunctioning. 

LOL,  I just read thru it yesterday  and in  less than 10 minutes found  your problem. AND I don't even have a Graphtec CE5000-60   ;D   Piece of cake.

and it's only 105 short pages.  They are mostly pictures, showing and describing to make it easier. Very to the point,  a very easy read.  

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/users_manuals/CutPlot_UM/CE5000-UM-152-01.pdf

LOL,  I just read thru it yesterday  and in  less than 10 minutes found  your problem. AND I don't even have a Graphtec CE5000-60   :thumbsup:   Piece of cake.

and it's only 105 short pages.  They are mostly pictures, showing and describing to make it easier. Very to the point,  a very easy read.  

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/users_manuals/CutPlot_UM/CE5000-UM-152-01.pdf

Nope cant find it, apart from the fact that it roundabouts tells the user to have media in it or you wil get the Load Media message

Cheers